Not With a Bang OOC

LazarusLong42

First Post
Zerth, Tanstaafl: If you're interested, go ahead and submit characters. If they're particularly interesting, I can probably work with eight, especially given we'll likely lose at least one or two (just the name of the game, happens in every PbP, no offense to anyone).

Shalimar: Ad hoc: improvised. In other words, choose your stats as they fit the character, though obviously between 3 and 18 base. If you have three 18s, I'll thwap you on the head (virtually) and lower your stats at my whim. If you need a guide, between +7 and +9 total modifiers. Basically, I trust you to pick stats that will be interesting as a role-player.

Manzanita

First Post
I might be interested. It sounds like you've really given this world some thought. It looks like I'm probably too late to participate, though if others are slow I may post a PC. I would be interested where the SRD is. Do you have a web address?

LazarusLong42

First Post
Another note:

A couple of house rules I completely forgot about.

(1) No multiclassing penalties will be assessed. However, no more than three total classes per character (not including prestige classes);

(2) Prestige classes are few and far between. If you're specifically interested in one, talk to me and we'll create one around the character concept and the world.;

(3) Specifically for Sam: if you do go Paladin, you need not be LG. If your character concept is going somewhere... different... we can happily talk about it.

And lastly: please, no evil characters :)

Wow thats some nice work, looks like a great world. Makes me sad I am playing a divine caster in another game because I would really like to test out that pantheon, but I have not played a melee based in a while so looking to go that route. Perhaps ranger, but being that I usually play elf I guess this would give me a chance for a new concept to the class to go with the new edition. Who knows my mind will change 10 times before I post anything.

Rybaer

First Post
Manzanita said:
I might be interested. It sounds like you've really given this world some thought. It looks like I'm probably too late to participate, though if others are slow I may post a PC. I would be interested where the SRD is. Do you have a web address?

The new SRD is located at:
http://www.wizards.com/D20/article.asp?x=srd35

Still haven't picked up the new books, so I'll be relying on this to make sure my character is up to scratch with the new rules.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I'd love to play LL42, but you look to have a very full house at this point. Put me on the second string list, I can make a character
to fill whaver niche is vacated by any unfortunate deaths in the party.

-Uriel

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
I'd love to play LL42, but you look to have a very full house at this point. Put me on the second string list, I can make a character
to fill whaver niche is vacated by any unfortunate deaths in the party.

-Uriel

I concur. You have a full house. If you ever need a Gnome ranger let me know.

Zerth

First Post
Shalimar said:
I don't have the revised PHB, but I do have access to the SRD, so creation wont be a problem if some one can give me the starting gold for the rogue class.

Maximum starting gold (that's what the DM said) for rogues is 200 gp.

As for my character, it's going to be a bard or a ranger, human anyway. If I end up with a bard, I'm fine with the 3.5 perform changes, but if the DM insists something has to done I'm all ears.

Last edited:

LazarusLong42

First Post
A few things:

(1) I completely forgot, when noting Paladin alignment changes, that alignment restriction are lifted for all classes--mainly because it means less for the Bard, Barbarian or Monk than for the Paladin.

(2) When you post your characters, please post them in the Rogue's Gallery thread for the game. (clikc the link). I highly recommend using the d20 Standard Statblock, mainly because it's easier for all involved to read.

(3) You will indeed be starting in Alten's Rock. Start thinking about whether your characters are natives, or have moved there, and how your characters know one another (once everyone has characters posted.

Remove ads