• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Note on damaging objects under 3.5

BlackJaw

First Post
I just noticed that all the rules in the new 3.5 ed of D&D for attacking objects seem a little diffrent then before. Diffrent types of Energy attacks etc do diffrent % or fractions of damage to objects. Example: sonic and acid do full damage on objects but fire does half and some energy types (cold) do far less! ranged attacks from non-seige weapons (or in our system vessel weapons) do 1/2 damage but apperently all melee attacks do full damage (if it gets past hardness anyway)

Lastly, adamantium weapons ignore hardness of 19 and less (IE: unless its as hard as adamantium @ 20, the hardness is ignored... otherwise it all counts!)

Just though I'd point it all out.

I suddenly have the urge to play a Dwarf Barbarian duelweidling adamanitum acid enchanted picks and hamers using power attack to dig through stone walls. just call me a Battle Miner! err anyway back to work!

Remove ads