Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: I hate to quibble over such beautiful maps, but we left a gap behind Tarag so that he could step back post-rebuking, and Tommy was ahead of Galwynn. But honestly, who cares. Rapture and Keldar could move to two of the squares just north of the elemental, I suppose.

The brown rectangular objects scattered throughout the room are book shelves, I take it?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: No, no, you're right. And the way I make these maps, it's extremely easy for me to fix little things like that. I don't want you to feel like you don't get to receive the benefits of your careful planning, so please, continue to point mistakes out.

I'm way behind in all of my games and character approvals, thanks to some unexpected uptime (as opposed to downtime...), so I apologize for that. After today, I should be back on track (knock on wood). Thanks for being patient everyone (and a double thanks to Trouvere and Solange for being patient in both of my games!)

Oh, and yes, those are bookshelves. And the rectangular protrusion coming out the right side of the steps is the melted door.

Attachments

• Floor-4-Round-1.jpg
    Floor-4-Round-1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 67

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: You do yeoman's work on these games, Rae.
If this is a snapshot at the moment the fire elemental tried to bisect Tarag (oh... might he catch on fire too?), then he steps back (or NW, if he likes, I suppose), Keldar moves into the square Tarag was in and misses, and moments before that Rapture moves to either the square N or NW of the elemental and also misses. And then Tommy's up.
Okay, I think I have it clear for myself now.

covaithe

Explorer
I can't seem to keep track of whether Tommy is in front of or behind Galwynn, but the map puts him behind, which is fine. Tommy will leave the violence to those better suited to it. He will take the time to glance around the room, looking for other entrances or other places where elementals might be hiding. If the opportunity to do so safely presents itself, he will step into the room.

Solange

First Post
OOC: Ok, change of plan to make everyone happy :)

Rapture rushes up the stairs as Tarag steps back, and slams into the elemental with her shield, trying to push it back.

OOC: Bull rush. It gets an AoO, and then it's an opposed strength check (Bull Rush Strength check. (1d20+2=18)). If she wins, he goes back 5 feet. For every 5 she wins by, she can push him back 5 more feet, towards the center of the room. A successful AoO will not prevent the rush. This could be rather painful though.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: I'd assume there's no AoO, because it's rebuked. Iiiinteresting. Whether she succeeds or not, then Keldar's action has to change, because either she'll be in the square he wanted to attack from, or the elemental will be pushed out of his reach. So he'll use two move actions to head to a square to its west.

Wik

First Post
Well, I already posted Galwynn`s attack and actions, so it`d be lame to take it back. But next round, Galwynn`s gonna move in and clobber the thing.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Pfft, today is official lame action-changing day. Galwynn can't even see the elemental from back there, let alone throw a dagger at it.
Rae's really going to earn his money sorting out this round.

Boddynock

First Post
Trouvere said:
OOC: Pfft, today is official lame action-changing day. Galwynn can't even see the elemental from back there, let alone throw a dagger at it.
Rae's really going to earn his money sorting out this round.
OOC: Particularly as I'm going to make an amendment to my action as well. :]

Rae, now that I can see the map, it's clear that Tarag, post-rebuke, can move away from the elemental.

The SRD says, "If you approach within 10 feet of them, however, they overcome being turned and act normally. (You can stand within 10 feet without breaking the turning effect—you just can’t approach them.)"

Would you agree that that means that, so long as he doesn't move towards the elemental, he can move around it? That being the case, once Tarag sees that the rebuke has been effective - which I presume will be instantaneous - he'll get out of the way of the others.

He'll move 20 feet northwest to the square in the middle of the nearest bookshelf. That'll open up the way for the others to make their attacks.

And just so you know, next round he'll be casting CLW on himself!

Oh, and by the way, Trouvere, he doesn't run the risk of bursting into flame. That only applies to a slam attack - and Rae specifically said it was a flaming blade. I even checked the description of the sword - I just knew you were going to ask that question! :p :lol:

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: he's going to stand on top of a bookshelf??
Ah, so it's an actual sword (which will poof! when the summoning ends, worst luck). Still, got to check.
:p

Remove ads