Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Hmm... best inn? We've only got the one. Right over there." He points at one of the two story buildings in the center of town. "As for potions, well... We sometimes have them around, but they're expensive, and a lot of times they get used on bad farming accidents. Ask the innkeeper, she'll know."

At the inn, a tired middle-aged woman greets you. "Room and board, five pieces o' silver a night." When asked about the potion she says, "Hmm... Well, if anybody had one, it'd be ol' Graf. 'E's the priest, lives over behind the church. Pay 'im a visit."

Behind the church at the edge of town, there's a small cottage near the forest edge. You knock on the door and a short while later an old man emerges. He's wearing a very simple robe and a wooden holy symbol of Halina. "Can I help you?" he asks with a slight smile.

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Hmm... best inn? We've only got the one. Right over there." He points at one of the two story buildings in the center of town. "As for potions, well... We sometimes have them around, but they're expensive, and a lot of times they get used on bad farming accidents. Ask the innkeeper, she'll know."
"Thank you, good sir," says Keldar. "You are doing a fine job here. There is no longer great danger to the town, but there would still be for anyone who ventured into Thyrin's tower. Do not allow anyone to pass!"

At the inn, a tired middle-aged woman greets you. "Room and board, five pieces o' silver a night." When asked about the potion she says, "Hmm... Well, if anybody had one, it'd be ol' Graf. 'E's the priest, lives over behind the church. Pay 'im a visit."
"Could a bath perhaps be drawn for me? and perhaps for my companions too? We have travelled the road to Orussus three times and slept rough, and some of us now bear the scars of battle, incurred in our valiant fight in defence of your fine town. For the extra trouble, I offer my services as a singer in your common room tonight and tomorrow!"

Behind the church at the edge of town, there's a small cottage near the forest edge. You knock on the door and a short while later an old man emerges. He's wearing a very simple robe and a wooden holy symbol of Halina. "Can I help you?" he asks with a slight smile.
On the way to the church, Keldar has contrived to pull his own symbol of Halina from beneath his shirt. "Good day, father," he says. "We are the Keldarites, the adventuring party chosen by fortune and the gods to brave the dangers of the Tower of Thyrin, whose burning has caused such alarm to your flock in Grenton. Our task there has not yet proven beyond our strength, but some of us have been sorely injured, and we have depleted our spiritual resources. To cut short a tale, would you have in your possession potions of healing?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Trouvere said:
"Thank you, good sir," says Keldar. "You are doing a fine job here. There is no longer great danger to the town, but there would still be for anyone who ventured into Thyrin's tower. Do not allow anyone to pass!"
The young man's chest puffs out with pride. "Right, sir, will do!"
Trouvere said:
"Could a bath perhaps be drawn for me? and perhaps for my companions too? We have travelled the road to Orussus three times and slept rough, and some of us now bear the scars of battle, incurred in our valiant fight in defence of your fine town. For the extra trouble, I offer my services as a singer in your common room tonight and tomorrow!"
"Well, if you're defending our fine town, how can I say no!" the woman replies with a little sarcasm. "And as for payin' with song, I'd like t'hear the singin' first. I may have to pay you t'keep yer trap shut," she adds with a wink. "Now get on, I'll see what can be done 'bout the baths."

I'll wait for at least Wik to respond before I continue the priest conversation.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn, upon seeing that Graf is a priest of Halina, grumbles under his breah. "Oh no... this never turns out well." and hopes no one heard him.

When Keldar starts speaking, Galwynn merely rolls his eyes at the "keldarites" comment, and then quietly nods to the man. "I see Halina has, uh, blessed you with a long life. I'll have to ask you how you do it - she's doing her best to kill me." Galwynn says, knowing full well the response he's going to get. But hey, you have to be honest, right?

"We heard you may have some potions of healing that you'd be willing to part with; if that were the case, we would be, uh, very grateful. I think we're all going through one of 'her' trials right now. And the last trial punched me right square in the chest!"

He finishes by saying, "Healing potions, good sir, could help one of Halina's Loyal, suffering, subjects survive yet another of Her practical jokes. You know how she can be."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The priest smiles kindly. "Ah, the... the Keldarites? Is this some kind of holy order of Halina from the free city? I haven't heard of you myself... Well, no matter. You do look bruised and beaten. Come in, come in, I'll see about that potion." He turns and heads into the cottage. As he walks he chats. "So you think our Mother is playing pranks on you, son? The great Goddess has done nothing of the sort to me, though perhaps you have a... more personal relationship than I?" He chuckles quietly.

The cottage has two rooms, a small bedroom and a kitchen. There is a simple table with several chairs, where Graf indicates that you should sit. "I try to keep a potion around for emergencies, but let's see here..." He rummages through the cabinets. "Hmm hmm, yes, Halina certainly lets us do most of the work, doesn't she? But I find that's the best way to live life, living it yourself, that is. Aha, here it is." He pulls a small vial from a cabinet. "Just the one, I'm sorry to say. They're quite expensive, you know, fifty crowns is well beyond the means of most of the citizens. Can you pay, at least the cost of the potion? If you were to cover the cost of this and another one, perhaps I could ask Halina to grant you some favors in my name." He looks hopeful.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn chuckles as the priest speaks. "Yeah, she's certainly... a handful, I guess. As for money, though - I don't even have enough to pay for one. But, I can promise this... I'm in Grenton for for two days more, and maybe if you need help working on church property, or even a spare hand at the homes of one of the flock?"

Remove ads