Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag steps forward.

"Or if you need some smithing done? I can craft fine weapons and armour ... but if you have no need of that, perhaps there are simpler things which I could make for you. If, that is, there's a forge nearby which I can use?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Graf smiles sadly. "We always need a helping hand, of course. Since Eskaron, we've had to rebuild many buildings. As for a forge, we have no need. All of the farming tools are hand-me-downs or bought in the free city. Merchants come by fairly often, and a neighbor is always willing to lend a tool to a friend while a replacement is en route." He sighs, clearly he hoped you'd be able to pay. "You don't have even fifty gold?"

Solange

First Post
"M'lord, we're working for Rilithorne, and while I am sure it is unusual, we have little coin till the job is done, which should be no more than a few days from now. We'll be staying a the Inn until we are done. If need be sir, I can offer you Keldar," Rapture pauses for a moment "'s horse as collateral of any purchase that might be made."

OOC: Rapture's diplomacy check (1d20+6=17)

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: what horse?
Rae ArdGaoth said:
The priest smiles kindly. "Ah, the... the Keldarites? Is this some kind of holy order of Halina from the free city?
Keldar nods vigorously from behind Galwynn's back.
"I haven't heard of you myself... Well, no matter. You do look bruised and beaten. Come in, come in, I'll see about that potion." He turns and heads into the cottage. As he walks he chats. "So you think our Mother is playing pranks on you, son? The great Goddess has done nothing of the sort to me, though perhaps you have a... more personal relationship than I?" He chuckles quietly.
"He has a very personal relationship," says Keldar. "Only this morning, I saw him touching himself and murmuring her name."
Graf smiles sadly. "We always need a helping hand, of course. Since Eskaron, we've had to rebuild many buildings. As for a forge, we have no need. All of the farming tools are hand-me-downs or bought in the free city. Merchants come by fairly often, and a neighbor is always willing to lend a tool to a friend while a replacement is en route." He sighs, clearly he hoped you'd be able to pay. "You don't have even fifty gold?"
Keldar sighs.
"Now, what we have here," he says, reaching into his backpack, "is a set of cleric robes of fine make, once worn by Keldar Warbray, the Keldar Warbray. As you can see here, they are slightly marked or burned, which occurred during the incident known as the Closing of the Hell-Forge. But they are still perfectly serviceable for ecclesiastic use. Practical worth, an interesting talking point, and a fine investment for the future. A vestment investment. I'll even throw in this wooden holy symbol, also once worn by the Keldar Warbray.

"Or..." Keldar throws a dazzling smile at Graf. "... I have fifty crowns. I know which I'd choose, though."

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag's fingers twitch, as though he'd love to clip Keldar over the ears. Still, he has faith in the old priest's wisdom, and waits for his response.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The old priest smiles at Keldar's presentation, but he says, "I have never heard of this Keldar Warbray. Presumably he is the founder of your Halinan order, yes? Well, he certainly sounds like a remarkable individual, but..." He gestures around him. "I am a simple man, I have no need for robes worn by famous holy men nor do I need to impress my flock. Having a potion of healing in a moment of need is of far more worth to them, so if you have the gold, I will take that."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Famous holy men, Galwynn. You'd do well to remember the teachings of our great founder," says Keldar. He counts out fifty crowns. "I do seem to have almost another fifty," he says. "Not quite, though. No, I am four coins short. What did you mean by favours, father?"

Solange

First Post
"Here," Rapture says, and hands the priest four more coins while giving Keldar a disgusted look. "That should be enough for a second."

OOC: Possibly my last consistent post for a while. :(

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: hold off on the 4 additional gp! Keldar's not keen on handing over 96 gp, at least not until he hears what he gets for the cost of a second potion, because Graf is offering one CLW and some unspecified favours of Halina.

Last edited:

Wik

First Post
Galwynn scowls, and then decides that an explanation is just too much effort anyways. Besides, if Keldar wanted to draw Halina's attention away from Galwynn himself, who is he to argue?

Instead, he just kicks around the room, and then says loudly "I wouldn't buy anything he offers, master. Because some of the things the Keldar Warbray did wearing those very robes brought their value down somewhat. I can't go into details, of course... but it involves a horse and dipping into the sacramental wine."

Realizing he's just made a joke, Galwynn grumbles something about being under "bad influence" and does his best to avoid eye contact with anyone.

Remove ads