Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
Galwynn, perhaps feeling the alcohol, starts [singing (17), quietly at first, but then picking up in volume. A few locals recognize it as an old Hyrag war song that has been modified slightly, with names and events changed to refer to Halina.

One day, one day, I was a little boy about to die
I was lost, lost, until I saw the sky
A lass in armour, she smiled at me
and said "now is not your time"
And I laughed, happily
For how could I say no?

And bang, and bang! goes the orcish hordes' drums
and bang, and bang! goes my foolish boy's heart
But the lass in armour, she'd smiled at me
So I drew my blade, and waited
And fought - valiantly
For how could I say no?

Realizing he's been singing a hymnal in such a place, Galwynn blushes, and then scowls to cover up his embarrassment. He drinks deeply, and then looks away.

Solange

First Post
Once she gets a room, Rapture secures a bath and spends some time up there, and comes down to the common room with most of her gear, armor, and weapons left in her room. She is in a simple tunic and breeches set, but still manages to look fairly refined as she sits and joins others at the table, her hair left to cascade off her shoulders.

Rapture chuckles and smiles on occasion at Keldar's song, but otherwise looks a bit distracted at the entire affair. She sits back, occasionally sips a glass of wine, and watches as the others celebrate and relax.

Trouvere

Explorer
"No, no, thass - that - was good, Galwynn," says Keldar. "Not as good as me, but still good. You're a fine fellow. You're all fine fellows. Tarag's just like Samina with a beard. I'd -" he blinks rapidly - "I'd do anything for you. Never had better friends."

Keldar wobbles slightly, and his shoulder bumps against Rapture's. He puts his hands on the table to steady himself. "You're very pretty," he informs her. "Makes my heart ache just to look at you."

"She's very very pretty," he announces to the group. "And she's very dangerous. You know what? I'm going to marry her, and we're going to have lots of babies, and all their names will start with Kel."

Keldar puts his head down on the table.

"Thass a plan."

Solange

First Post
"If that's what you wish of me m'lord," Rapture says.

With that, she rises and heads upstairs and to her room.

[sblock=ooc]Her room door will be unlocked, and anyone entering will find her staring at a signet ring while sitting on her bed.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Wish?" says Keldar. "Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Oh, I am such a fool." He waves a finger at the others. "I'll make it right." He shakes his head, and makes his way upstairs.
[sblock=Rapture]Keldar knocks on the door, and opens it slightly. "I am very sorry," he says from outside. "I am somewhat drunk. My tongue is my curse. Can I come in?"[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Rapture's Room]Rapture nods, "If you wish." She slips the ring into her bag, but she is not very good about being subtle about it.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Rapture]"I have upset you," says Keldar, standing just inside the door. "Your eyes are sad. 'If that's what you wish'.... I do not understand. That's the response of a... a servant girl to the lord of the manor, while she hates him inside. Or of someone who does not care what happens in her life. That's not you!"[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Rapture's Room]"If you're going to come in, then come in," she says. Once he does...

"You know so little of me, and yet you presume so much. Sometimes you treat me like a free woman, and others like.. like... like it's always been. Do you want me for your wife? Do you want to own me? Do you want me to pleasure you? I'm quite good at that."

By this time, Keldar is near her bed, she goes to push him away and ends up crying into his chest.

"I was told all my life I wasn't worthy of love, I was just an object of rich men's fantasies. I've seen and done things I could never forget, and I've been trained in arts no proper woman should be. The only man to say he cared for me died because of it, and I never loved him. I'm not sure I'm worthy of love."

Rapture continues to sob into Keldar's chest, and from here, he can clearly see a signet rings sitting atop her gear.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Rapture]Keldar stammers. "No. Yes, no… no. I –" He’s saved from finding an answer – and to which question? – as Rapture sags against him. His arms come up to enfold her. He strokes her hair and rocks her gently as she pours out her heart. "Sweet, darling, dear one," he murmurs time and again, until her words fail and her sobbing lessens.

"I do not know how I dare reply," he answers. "You hint at tragedies and misfortunes I scarcely suspected. You are dear to me, and I would have done nothing to cause you pain, if I had known."

Keldar raises Rapture's head and gently kisses her forehead. "You are worthy of all things. You are far beyond me. I shall fight alongside you and share your perils, and hope one day to be less of a clumsy fool, and more a man you could... admire."[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Rapture's Room]Rapture finally gains some control of her sobbing and looks up at Keldar, "I...I could only hope to be worthy of such. It is still hard to remember that Master has little power over me now. Perhaps when I am truly free..."

She chuckles and smiles meekly, wiping away her tears, "I've embarrassed myself, I'm sorry." She puts her hand on Keldar's cheek and smiles, "You're a kind one Keldar. Don't hide it so much."

She gives Keldar a soft and tender, but politely short kiss. "Thank you, I should retire for the eve though. Perhaps we can talk again, later. May Valessa bless you."[/sblock]

Remove ads