Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Rapture]
Solange said:
She gives Keldar a soft and tender, but politely short kiss. "Thank you, I should retire for the eve though. Perhaps we can talk again, later. May Valessa bless you."
The kiss leaves Keldar's heart hammering in his ears, and his many questions frozen on his lips. "I think She already has," he manages to say. He holds Rapture tight. "I believe I could stand here like this forever and be content." He steps back, nonetheless, knowing he has been dismissed. At the door, he pauses. "Rapture, if...." But he does not finish the sentence before going downstairs.[/sblock]Keldar comes slowly down the stairs into the common room. His drunkenness has lessened, burned or chilled away. He gives a half-smile to Tarag, Tommy and Galwynn. "All is well. We talked," he says, not quite meeting anyone's gaze. He sits down where Rapture had been, and pushes the spirit jug away.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn and Tarag exchange glances. Galwynn raises one eyebrow subtly, but doesn't say anything.

OOC: I think I might play with Galwynn's personality a bit. I think I want him to stand out a bit more. So, if you all start noticing that he's being a little different (More sarcastic, I think, over grumpy and catankerous), that's why. Just a slight change in how I want to RP this guy.

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar sits quietly. "Alright," he says eventually. "She was upset. But not with me, not really. Well, perhaps at first. But we have reached a new understanding. I cannot say more, as I hope you understand." Absently, he touches a hand to his cheek and his lips.

"Atomerasu, could I borrow from you the smallest piece of parchment, and writing materials? Just a scrap, no more."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
There is plenty of special parchment and special ink for magical scribing. Thyrin apparently has a large need for scribing scrolls, there are about a hundred pieces of exceptionally fine parchment and 8 vials of the rich, black ink with silver flecks. (You didn't deem it necessary to remove any of the mundane inks or parchments.)

OOC: I'll get Thyrin's goodies together tonight and we can move on to tomorrow.

Regarding the real-time XP, I know some of you are quite close, but I'd rather hold the real-time XP in reserve so that for now, you're closer in power levels. Also, if you level up from other XP, the real-time XP is worth more to you.

Solange

First Post
[sblock=Rapture's Room]Rapture sniffles and smiles as Keldar leaves. She picks up the ring again, sadly smiles at it, and tucks it away. She meditates in silent prayer for a short while before she finally locks her door and goes to sleep[/sblock]
Wik said:
OOC: I think I might play with Galwynn's personality a bit. I think I want him to stand out a bit more. So, if you all start noticing that he's being a little different (More sarcastic, I think, over grumpy and catankerous), that's why. Just a slight change in how I want to RP this guy.
OOC: He can get MORE sarcastic? :uhoh:

OOC2: Oh, is anyone here good with Photoshop? I found a good picture of Rapture, but I need to change the eyes (Should be browner) and would prefer a more medieval background (Stone wall, castle, or such).

Attachments

• Rapture.gif
    Rapture.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Regarding the real-time XP, I know some of you are quite close, but I'd rather hold the real-time XP in reserve so that for now, you're closer in power levels. Also, if you level up from other XP, the real-time XP is worth more to you.
OOC: Good. I like that for a little while we're all level 2.

Keldar claims a piece of parchment and borrows a pen and normal ink from Tommy [yes?]. He nods his head to himself and murmurs words under his breath, and now and then he writes a line down. "I think I shall go to bed," he says, handing back the pen and going upstairs.[sblock=Rapture]In the morning, Rapture will find a scrap of parchment slid beneath her door. It reads:

"Do not weep, shed no more tears,
For sorrow cannot change the years
Or alter deeds that now are done;
Our yesterdays are dead and gone.
Do not allow thy distant pains
To bind thee straitly as in chains.
There is no cause to sigh and mourn
Since thou in freedom greet each dawn.
Grant me joy, and condescend
To name me always as thy friend.
If love one day should fill thy heart,
Then never let us be apart.

K."[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Rae's the Photoshop guy. I can drop a new background in easily enough, but I know I'd be no good at changing the eyes, and it's never going to look good. (Edit: actually, at this low resolution, it's not particularly awful.)
Here's Keldar. Okay, just kidding. (Edit: or am I?)

Attachments

• keldar.jpg
    keldar.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 97
  • R-b.jpg
    R-b.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag says little. He spends the evening sitting, watching and listening - and only occasionally drinking.

Apart from the dislocation he feels, and can't yet put a name to, he's keenly aware of the amount of unnamed hurt which his companions carry. These are not wounds which he can smooth away with Chennet's gifts. Instead, they are scars which they must learn to live with.

All except Tommy, it seems. Obsessively absorbed at the moment, he is normally much less angst-ridden than the others.

"Ah, Chennet'!" he sighs, his own heart aching at the riskiness of living. "I'd best get to my bed. Goodnight, all."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Tommy: ]After an extensive perusal of Thyrin's spellbook, you determine the following (without the aid of any magic) [EDIT: Just skip down to see the lists in their entirety, I assumed you prepared 2 read magic spells tomorrow.]

Pages 1-9 contain the most elementary of spells, which take up only half a page each. Tommy wastes no time deciphering them.

P.10: Alarm
P.11: Unknown
P.12: Summon Monster I
P.13: Unseen Servant
P.14: Comprehend Languages
P.15: Unknown
P.16: Magic Missile
P.17: Color Spray
P.18: Tenser's Floating Disk

P.19-20: Arcane Lock
P.21-22: Flaming Sphere
P.23-24: Unknown
P.25-26: Rope Trick

P.27-29: Unknown
P.30-32: Unknown
P.33-35: Protection from Energy
P.36-38: Unknown

P.39-43: Dimensional Anchor
P.44-47: Fire Trap
P.48-51: Stone Shape
P.52-55: Geas, Lesser

P.56-60: Unknown
P.61-65: Unknown

------------------------

There are a dozen scrolls. The ones you are unsure of you can at least determine at a glance how long they will take to decipher with a read magic spell. (1 minute per page, 1 page per spell level.)

1: Identify (L1)
2: Unknown (L1)
3: Unknown (L1)
4: Unknown (L1)
5: Arcane Sight (L3)
6: Unknown (L2)
7: Owl's Wisdom (L2)
8: Unknown (L2)
9: Unknown (L3)
10: Knock (L2)
11: Endure Elements (L1)
12: Unknown (L1)

OOC: I guess you'll probably prepare read magic tomorrow. Assuming you prepare two read magics, you can determine the unknowns:

[sblock=Thyrin's Spellbook: ]P.10: Alarm
P.11: Hold Portal
P.12: Summon Monster I
P.13: Unseen Servant
P.14: Comprehend Languages
P.15: Identify
P.16: Magic Missile
P.17: Color Spray
P.18: Tenser's Floating Disk

P.19-20: Arcane Lock
P.21-22: Flaming Sphere
P.23-24: Resist Energy
P.25-26: Rope Trick

P.27-29: Summon Monster III
P.30-32: Magic Circle
P.33-35: Protection from Energy
P.36-38: Secret Page

P.39-43: Dimensional Anchor
P.44-47: Fire Trap
P.48-51: Stone Shape
P.52-55: Geas, Lesser

P.56-60: Lesser Planar Binding
P.61-65: Major Creation[/sblock][sblock=Scrolls: ]1: Identify (L1)
2: Identify (L1)
3: Identify (L1)
4: Comprehend Languages (L1)
5: Arcane Sight (L3)
6: Fox's Cunning (L2)
7: Owl's Wisdom (L2)
8: Whispering Wind (L2)
9: Phantom Steed (L3)
10: Knock (L2)
11: Endure Elements (L1)
12: Erase (L1)[/sblock][/sblock]

The small crowd merely tolerates Keldar at first, but they warm up to him by the end of the night. His last song is good enough to warrant a couple coppers thrown his way. (2cp to Keldar!) The innkeep lady thanks Keldar for his entertainment and waives the cost of the party's drinks. "After all, you are savin' our town!"

The night passes uneventfully.

[sblock=Tommy: ]During the night, you dream. Silver arcane writings float through a black abyss before your eyes. The writings are beautiful at first, interesting and informative, but after a while they become denser and harder to read, and suddenly you realize you are trapped within a cube of solid silver. You press against the walls, but there is no escape. You sit down and wait, and nothing happens for a long, long time.[/sblock]
[sblock=Galwynn: ]During the night, you dream. You stand in a vast field of wheat. It's summer. A rosy cheeked woman in a white dress and an apron is in front of you, smiling. A small bulge in her stomach is evident beneath her clothes. Suddenly, the ground before you erupts, and a massive being of stone looms above you. It begins to fall, slowly, you are in danger of being crushed. You run, but no matter how far you get, you remain in the being's shadow, and soon you will be flattened beneath its weight. An instant before it lands on you, the woman from before is there, her hand raised in the air. The stone crumbles, then liquifies, and you are covered in mud. The woman points and laughs at you. You frown, and the woman gives stops laughing and just smiles. She walks up to you and tweaks your nose playfully. For some reason, you can't help but smile too. And then you awake.

[sblock=Wik: ]I like Galwynn better when he's not so grumpy. I hope his new personality works out.[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads