Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Tarag, thank you." Keldar pulls the neck of his shirt away to expose his shoulder. "It's a little stiff still, but the puncture wound has almost closed over, see? I think by tomorrow I would be entirely myself again, but I have no need of another scar, so... bless away. That's probably not the proper way to say it, is it?"[sblock=Tarag]Keldar has many other scars on the back of his shoulder, and almost certainly over much of his back, which are obviously the marks of a flogging, though they are old and will fade with time.

OOC: Keldar is only down 1 HP now, so not really required. Galwynn's on 16 - it says 14/19 above, but that doesn't count the 2 recovered overnight, I think. Likewise, Tarag's only down 3 now, no? So we've plenty of healing to go round, unless Grenton turns out to be unsafe today.[/sblock]

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah. We spend the day here, rest up, and head back first thing in the morning, good as new.

At Rapture's question, Galwynn thinks for a moment. "A few used to call me 'Gall', but it never really felt right. Some of the temple mothers called me 'Wynn', and I didn't mind that. But 'Galwynn' is fine, I think."

Upon seeing the porridge on Keldar's leg, Galwynn merely says "You eat the porridge with your mouth, not your foot. Is it really that difficult?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Shortly before Keldar goes to change clothes:

"Yeah, and you put bowls on the table, not on the floor. What do you think I am, a housecat?" Keldar returns. He glances at Rapture, and lifts a self-restraining hand. "No, what I mean to say is, thank you, Galwynn, for your kind and thoughtful gesture. I only regret that my inattention spoiled it."

Then he sees Rapture to his chair, submits to Tarag's healing ministrations, and wanders off to change clothing.

Upon his return, he sits restlessly while the others eat, sipping water, but not wanting to face food himself.

"Our spellcasters I know will be busy with parchment and deep thoughts today," he says. "I suppose you'll be mending more leaking roofs today, Galwynn? Or complaining to old Graf of my many faults? Or hiding my lunch on a chair? My word, that leaves only Rapture and me to promenade. My lady Rapture, will you do me the honour of accompanying me today?" He asks lightly, but his hands go through his unconscious dagger counting ritual. He seems surprised not to find all eight arrayed along his sides.

Solange

First Post
Rapture chuckles at Keldar's cat comment, and looks to say something, but she stops herself. She smiles and nods at his offer "Of course, though I'd prefer to get dressed first."

OOC: thanks for the pic, it's perfect.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Good, good," says Keldar. But he counts his daggers again, and this time he goes left sleeve, right sleeve, small of back, left boot, right boot.

OOC: for low values of perfect. Rapture is, believe it or not, floating 8 feet off the ground in a chapel in Beaumaris Castle, Anglesey.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Uh, no, I'm fine. I'm not anxious or nervous or apprehensive. Not Keldar. It just feels a little strange sometimes when your guard is down, doesn't it? Without your usual armour, I mean."

Solange

First Post
Rapture chuckles, and having finished breakfast, heads up stairs. She says a few quick prayers, and grabs her armor, sword, and dagger, leaving the rest of her gear in her room, and heads back downstairs.

covaithe

Explorer
When Tommy finally comes down, the others have long since finished their breakfasts and set about their plans for the day. Tommy finds Tarag working at a well-lit table and sits near him. He sits in silence for a few minutes, and then asks, "Tarag, have you ever tried to make a weapon or bit of armor, and had it be completely beyond your ability? I've been going through the scrolls and spellbook we recovered from Thyrin's room. Most of it is... Well, it's beyond me," he admits, looking despondant. "Some of those spells are so far beyond me that I couldn't even begin to imagine the kind of skill required to cast them. I knew Thyrin was an experienced wizard, a colleague of Rilithorn, builder of that tower, that forge... But I've never felt like such a fumbling incompetent fool as I did trying to read that spellbook last night. "

ooc: Rae, was Tommy able to find out anything about the wands? I only just remembered them. Long weekend. :-/

Remove ads