• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November '08: What are you playing?

VorpalWarrior69

First Post
After resisting for a couple years, my friends have finally convinced me to check out some of the Online computer RPGs. I spent about 2 weeks looking at Guild Wars, and now I am in my second week of WoW.

The experience is far better than I expected it to be. I think having friends ready to show you around helps quite a bit.

Of course, whether I still play when they want me to start paying, thats the real question.

The_Warlock

Explorer
UFO: Alien Invasion...

It's Open Source Squad Tactical Combat X-Com Clone...

But with 3D graphics and for Win, Mac & Linux...

Download Page

It's a lot of fun.

Oh, and Lord of the Rings Online, because well, it's fun with friends, and damn pretty. And I have a Founder's Account so I don't pay monthly. Can't wait for the Moria Expansion.

Arnwyn

First Post
How does it play? It certainly looks amazing, like the WWII movie that Hayao Miyazaki never --but almost on several occasions-- made, and I'm debating ordering it from Amazon ($10 price drop already).
Try out the demo - it's on the PSN.

Got this one and it's a great game (from what I've goofed around with - I won't be fully playing it for who knows how long), but hard to classify. Strategy RPG with 3rd person shooter elements... kind of. The reviews give a good idea how it works (IGN's review is quite helpful).

Finished Bioshock last weekend - overall a very good game, although it was a little too easy (on medium) for my taste. I'm debating whether I should start FEAR or Mass Effect for my next console game.

Recently picked up Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for DS. It doesn't seem anywhere near as awesom as Dawn of Sorrow, but it's still pretty good.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Started up a Space Marine campaign on Dawn of War: Soulstorm last night.

I only got one map in against the Orks but it was a most satisfying victory. A little rough at first (Oh how I hate their teleporting commander) but once my Scout squads (I usually go with at least 3) got 4 sniper rifles and Infiltration the game went considerably easier (The orks just don't have a lot of units that can detect infiltrated enemy units). A couple of assault squads and a Grey Knight squad (led by the Chaplain) provides the perfect melee screen for a couple of Heavy Bolter squads and a Missile Launcher squad to take out vehicles. Couple that with a Land Raider, Predator, a couple Dreadnaughts, and a Tempest and it was all over. ;)

Lord how I love this game... It'll probably take Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, or Dawn of War 2 to get me to give it up.

Packrat

Banned
Banned
Trying to get in an hour of Fable: The Lost Chapters every other day. Its a very good game and I'm loving minute I get.

Remove ads