• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[November] What are you reading?

delericho

Legend
Last month I finished off the remaining Bond novels (including "Devil May Care", which I thought was pretty decent for about 2/3rds of its length, and then went completely off the rails). In doing so, I reached my target of 52 books for the year, so I've eased right off on reading since.

I'm currently reading a compilation of "Lankhmar" stories by Leiber, which I'm finding quite hard to get into. I'm also reading the "Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook", about which I have mixed feelings.

Next up are "Elric" by Moorcock and "Pathfinder: The Bastards of Erebus".

EricNoah

Adventurer
After the worse-than-disappointing Dracula the Un-Dead, I am returning to Jack McDevitt's Deepsix and will probably follow that up with The Engines of God (I believe I'm reading the series out of order but apparently it's a pretty loose series).

Kara got me some books from my wish list for my birthday and I might toss one of these in my car to read off and on as I get a chance: Cults, Conspiracies, and Secret Societies: The Straight Scoop on Freemasons, The Illuminati, Skull and Bones, Black Helicopters, The New World Order, and many, many more; and two Star Trek: Myriad Universes books.

Oh, and I am working on Thirteen Gun Salute (Aubrey/Maturin #13) on audiobook.

Finishing up Tales from the Last War.

It was okay. It has given me a few ideas for gaming which is always good.

AJCarrington- If you liked the previous books from the series then you'll like Word of Traitors. I suspect this author will be the one to shape Eberron in the years to come.

Not sure what to read from here. I have a few Eberron books remaining from the very beginning that I have not read as of yet. I also have a few F Realms books to read then there are non- DnD books to read also. I'll decide next week once I finish Last War (Monday night or Tuesday).

Wombat

First Post
Finally picked up the second volume of The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation (aka Kingdom of the Waves). So far it is as excellent as the first volume ... though the time between books was, to say the least, frustrating.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I just finished the third book in the Recluse saga (by L.E. Modesitt), each book tells the story of an influentual person from Recluse (an independant order based mage island) at different time periods. Generally I like sagas that continue the story from the previous book, this saga doesn't really do that, but the books themselves are pretty long and each of them tells a pretty complete story.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Was by the bookstore Saturday and noticed that book 12 of the Wheel of Time was finally out (with the new co-writer now that Jordan passed away). Only a few pages into it, but one thing that at least made me content is that RJ wrote the ending himself of this now three-book book 12.

Remove ads