Now Available - MonkeyGod Presents: The Hero Snare

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
What's the physical setting here? My player characters are going to need to break into a kobold complex late in the campaign, most likely, and while I'm likely to go with 0one Blueprints Caverns of Chaos, I've heard this is a scary kobold dungeon, which works for me, too.

While the area in which the dungeon is placed is detailed in the module, it could easily be worked in almost anywhere.

The makeup of the dungeon itself is several layers (one of which isn't designed to be explored but is essentially just a warren of crawlways the kobolds can use to ambush invaders on the levels above and below). While it's not especially maze-like, there are a few interesting physical aspects to it, such as the fact that one cannot reach all of the first level without dipping down to the third and coming back up. Most of the tunnels are kobold-size, imposing restrictions on medium adventurers.

Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but as I said above, I'm happy to clarify further if you'd like.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
No, that's good. I'm specifically interested in having a warren that's designed for small-sized creatures. My kobolds have been entrenched for five centuries, so designing a lair that's built to withstand invaders is something they've had a lot of time to work on.

Very intrigued by this product.

Oh, folks, one thing worth noting...

Since this module was written for 3.0, not 3.5, the rules for cramped spaces I created for its use do not line up 100% with the "squeezing" rules in 3.5. This shouldn't be a major problem at all; just decide which set you prefer, or combine aspects of both, and run with it. We're talking about, oh, 30 seconds'-worth of decision making and work.

Still, something to be aware of, since much of the module relies on the concept (albeit not necessarily the precise rules) of human-sized adventurers being impeded by kobold-sized warrens.

Remove ads