• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Now that "damage on a miss" is most likely out of the picture, are you happy?

Are you happy for "damage on a miss" being removed?

• Yes.

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • No.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • Couldn't give a toss.

Votes: 56 31.5%

Brock Landers

Banned
Banned
I wouldn't take thing Brock says too seriously. He assumes anything and everyone who disagrees with him is part of some major conspiracy to do...something he's never really elaborated on.

...ugh, ignore this person's personal gang-culture edition warring, please stop, just ignore it, is all I can recommend (we have experience...).

Brock Landers

Banned
Banned
... Which is exactly the point. "Who rolls" is arbitrary and easily reversed.

You forgot about the fact that not every d20 roll is the same (but as others, now apparently with transparent agendas, are in full swing...).

Attack rolls are different than Saving Throws, the concept is not the same.

Obryn

Hero
You forgot about the fact that not every d20 roll is the same (but as others, now apparently with transparent agendas, are in full swing...).

Attack rolls are different than Saving Throws, the concept is not the same.
Holy cow, agendas? What in the world craziness is this?

I'm not really keen on being accused of arguing in bad faith, hidden motives, whatever. So I'm out of this delightful little aside.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Heck, 4e has the attacker rolling for everything and the world didn't end.

It did screw up a really nice type of action point, though, something even more obvious on the SWSE side of thing and their Force points. On that score alone I think doing so does more harm to the game's structure than good. And that's without even getting into the idea of scoring a critical hit with a fireball. Ugh!

EnglishLanguage

First Post
Whether 4e did action points right is debateable. I like them, though I'm not particularly attached to them.

I don't see anything odd about critting with a fireball though. Maybe some wind blew most of the blast their way, or they didn't dodge as well as they think they did, or their metal armor had some flaw that made it super-temperature conducting, or (insert other reasoning here).

Remove ads