• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now will OoTS switch?

I imagine that the entire OOTS saga will be done in a mostly 3.5 ruleset.

Once the OOTS saga is done, he may be willing to do a sequal/prequal using the 4E ruleset.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
And despite this, there has been maybe like, two 4e jokes. It's all still talk of skill points and spell slots etc etc.

So while it's clear there is not OotS Sanctioned D&D Edition, the lion's share of the rules the OotS folks quote is 3e.

...Are you seriously jealous of a comic strip not making 4e jokes?

Branduil

Hero
Honestly I stopped following OotS a while ago. Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I think Burlew is a lot better at making jokes than telling a serious story. Maybe it has something to do with stick-figure art.

SabreCat

First Post
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way but I think Burlew is a lot better at making jokes than telling a serious story.
I dropped it from my own Webcomic list not because I feel Burlew can't tell a serious story, but because I don't care for the pace he's chosen for it. Too much text for too little forward progress, strip to strip, for my tastes.

Dan23

First Post
Have there? I haven't caught any 4e jokes. Anyone have links?

This comic references some comments made by someone at WotC as to why there weren't going to be any Half-Orcs in the PHB1.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html

Also, while V and his/her mate are typical 3E elves, their children have the physical characteristics of 4E elves:

"They have the same range of complexions as humans, tending more toward tan or brown hues. A typical elf ’s hair color is dark brown, autumn orange, mossy green, or deep gold."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads