• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NPC Generator...

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
I have been posting updates on my site for anyone who was interested, over all didn't seem like really many were so I stopped wasting people's time. I usually post daily on my site what I have worked on and such. Earlier today I posted 200 stat blocks for people to look at and assist in finding flaws in the system, so far only 1 person has given really decent feedback and that came from the irc, not even web related.

I originally posted here so people wouldn't have to be bothered checking multiple sites, lord knows I hate doing that myself. But it came to the point, seemed it was just a wasted effort. *chuckles* This forum is more geared to Halo 2 and such, which according to my son, it rules. hehe

Chacal

First Post
Vascant said:
I have a Ph.D in AI and a Masters in Application Design,

Good for you.
I think learning patience, psychology and humility was a significant part of getting a PhD.

As in real life or research, you have to be prepared to confront your opinions with others, and you need to care at least a little for their experience if you want to understand what they say.
There are plenty of very helpful people here that come from different backgrounds and are not meant
to be used just as beta testers. I feel that they deserve better than your attitude.

Your work looks interesting and I'm sad that you're doing it a disservice by confusing the collaboration efforts of some with challenges and insults, then belittling those who offered to help.

Chacal

Vascant

*chuckles* I had this entire reply typed out but when it came down to it, it doesn't matter.

You and your friend can be insulting if you so desire, I dropped the topic from here and keep it between friends. After all, we do not care about DB's, flat files or insults, we share a common goal of needing a program that creates NPC's.

As they say, Opinions are like *****. So what would be the worth of them? Debates and being proven wrong I love, because then I learn but preaching is a form of dictatorship. You like your friend jumped really fast to stress I am wrong without really understanding. Note, I am not saying I am right because I may not be however you have yet to prove I am wrong. So, if you have something worthwhile to say, say it.. otherwise..why bother.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Vascant said:
I have been posting updates on my site for anyone who was interested, over all didn't seem like really many were so I stopped wasting people's time. I usually post daily on my site what I have worked on and such.
I had to click on your name and view your public profile to find your site's address. I see you intend it to be in you sig - perhaps you don't have the signature feature turned on?

Anyway, off to www.RPGAttitude.com
:)

Vascant

Sir Brennen said:
I had to click on your name and view your public profile to find your site's address. I see you intend it to be in you sig - perhaps you don't have the signature feature turned on?

Anyway, off to www.RPGAttitude.com
:)

I double checked and it is turned on, I have noticed sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Not something I pay very much attention to enough to find the pattern of "why?". Glad you found it :)

Vascant said:
I double checked and it is turned on, I have noticed sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't. Not something I pay very much attention to enough to find the pattern of "why?". Glad you found it :)
Signatures only show once per page.

Vascant

I know checking multiple boards is a hassle for some, I would be one of them in fact. *chuckles* So thought I would drop a note to those interested that I have posted Fighter Stat Block Beta 2 package on the site. The last beta had 200 stat blocks, this time I have cut it down to 40 because I didn't want to kill people off from impact. There have been a ton of changes, even a total recode of a core system.
Hope you enjoy them and take a moment to comment, I really would enjoy knowing if something is wrong. Thanks.

The site is www.rpgattitude.com, you can find the file on the front page and there is no need to register.

fredramsey

First Post
Will the equipment generation generate mundane items like backpacks, etc?

I really, really want a one click NPC generator with realistic equipment. Maybe be able to create a cleric and choose:

1. City Dweller
2. Adventurer
3. Traveller

with appropriate equipment.

Vascant

The system is already set up for that, I just have not fleshed out all the external scripts yet. For equipment, you have options to choose from besides your own creativity; Race, Region, Class and Profession. When I was coding it, I felt a city guard would have different equipment then a caravan guard and so coded it to handle such things. The system is designed so that if you want a Ranger from a certain forest area to have a 45% chance of having winter cloak, it can do it. On my site I posted an example of the skills script, next I will try and flesh out some of the equipment scripts and present those as an example.

fredramsey

First Post
/drool

Can you put me on your mailing list or something? Because as soon as you get a working version, I will buy it. One (hopefully) minor request: Try to output the stat block in one of the two "standard" formats so I can paste it into DMGenie.

Good luck, and thanks for attempting this! :cool:

Vascant said:
The system is already set up for that, I just have not fleshed out all the external scripts yet. For equipment, you have options to choose from besides your own creativity; Race, Region, Class and Profession. When I was coding it, I felt a city guard would have different equipment then a caravan guard and so coded it to handle such things. The system is designed so that if you want a Ranger from a certain forest area to have a 45% chance of having winter cloak, it can do it. On my site I posted an example of the skills script, next I will try and flesh out some of the equipment scripts and present those as an example.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads