• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nu Spell, please evaluate

Winternight

First Post
Wall of Bone
Necromancy
Level: Clr 3, Drd 5, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, M/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Effect: Bone wall whose area is up to one 5-ft. square/level (S)
Duration: one year/ caster level
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No
This spell creates a wall of bones that merges into adjoining surfaces. A wall of bone is 1 inch thick per four caster levels
and composed of up to one 5-foot square per level. You can double the wall’s area by halving its thickness. The wall cannot
be conjured so that it occupies the same space as a creature or another object.
Unlike a wall of iron, you can create a wall of bone in almost any shape you desire. The wall created need not be vertical, nor
rest upon any firm foundation; however, it must merge with and be solidly supported by existing bone. It can be used to
bridge a chasm, for instance, or as a ramp. For this use, if the span is more than 20 feet, the wall must be arched and
buttressed. This requirement reduces the spell’s area by half. The wall can be crudely shaped to allow crenellations,
battlements, and so forth by likewise reducing the area.
It can also be used as a fence, by extending the area you reduce the density and the stability. For each dubbling hte arae halfe the hippoints and the hardness, als deduct 5 from the strength DC to break through.

Like any other wall, this one can be destroyed by a disintegrate spell or by normal means such as breaking and
chipping. Each 5-foot square of the wall has 10 hit points per inch of thickness and hardness 5. A section of wall whose hit
points drop to 0 is breached. If a creature tries to break through the wall with a single attack, the DC for the Strength check is
20 + 2 per inch of thickness.
After one year/caster level the bones crumble to dust
Arcane Material Component: Bones from 20 medium sized creatures (a larg creature counts as 4 medium sized, 4 small count as one medium sized, ..)

kreynolds

First Post
Winternight said:
Duration: one year/ caster level

Why not just make the duration instantaneous, like wall of stone and wall of iron? I don't think that would be a problem.

Winternight said:
Saving Throw: See text

I think uou forgot to note that creatures can avoid entrapment with a successful Reflex save.

Winternight

First Post
Thank you

@duration:
a) bones are not unlimeted durable. After sometimes they become dust
b) I need a wall-spell that is not instantaneous as a trap:
I put the wall if bone on the floor, If the thrice dammed cleric of Heireneous comes with his anti magic field he falls down the bottom less pit. Muahaha

@Saving throw: damm
thanx

Remove ads