TSR NuTSR Declares Bankruptcy

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets. NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000. The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen...

65B1E080-EEE9-45DD-AC2C-C55BD9DB6104.jpeg

NuTSR, owned by Justin LaNasa, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which will liquidate the company's assets.

NuTSR's gross revenue so far for 2023 is $621.93 according to the documents filed in North Carolina. This is balanced against total liabilities of just over $384,000.

The company made the news over the last couple of years, emerging in 2020 when then-owners Justin LaNasa and Stephen Dinehart registered the defunct TSR trademarks and launched the new venture with the involvement of Ernie Gygax, one of D&D co-creator Gary Gygax's sons. Over the following months, NuTSR generated controversy after controversy, attempted to sue D&D publishers Wizards of the Coast via a crowdfunding effort, and in March 2022 eventually found itself on the receiving end of a lawsuit from them.

tsr_bankruptcy.png

As a consequence of the bankruptcy petition the current lawsuit between WotC and NuTSR is on hold, postponed until March 2024. NuTSR's website is still active.

JLbankr2.JPG

I don't want to go into this in too much detail, both because the trustee has requested we not turn this into an Internet Circus (or at least, not bring the circus into his proceedings) and because I don't want to inadvertently assist Justin.

But it seems that Michael Hovermale also never learned to, when in a legal proceeding, say absolutely as little as you need to and not a word more - he filed some submissions for a claim on salary that are packed full (257+ pages) of irrelevant information.

Which includes information which the Trustee... may want to go over with Justin in his deposition.

So yeah. When in court or court-adjacent, the golden rule is - say as little you can, if that much.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Way off topic, but I find it historically fascinating..

Pretty interesting. Is this authentic. Did the Union actually use this version of the song in the Civil War$
There were, in fact, dozens of different permutations on Dixie sung by Union Soldiers during the war. Often with nonsensical lyrics to point out how ignorant the Southerners were. But this one was a particularly popular one that spread across various companies once it was written.

Kind of like how all kids seemed to know the "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg!" in the 90s. It just caught on enough to be carried over and over and over even if it was never formally performed.

Riley

Legend
Kind of like how all kids seemed to know the "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg!" in the 90s. It just caught on enough to be carried over and over and over even if it was never formally performed.

And for decades before that! I remember them from Wisconsin playgrounds in 1976.

Parody lyrics: you can’t stop a good cultural meme.

Last edited:

ValamirCleaver

Ein Jäger aus Kurpfalz
Kind of like how all kids seemed to know the "Jingle Bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg!" in the 90s.
I remember it at my local elementary school back in the late '70s and it has been traced to at least the mid 60s.

It was more than prolific enough to be used on the Simpsons... twice in fact. Including the first broadcast episode that was first televised on December of 1989.

Riley

Legend
Where I come from, we've been calling that "the folk process" since before Dawkins was born.

“Oral tradition” was I believe the preferred term in my cultural anthropology classes at the time I was learning about genetics and reading Dawkins in my biological anthropology classes.

(Favorite thing I know about Richard Dawkins: he married Lalla Ward after being introduced to her at a party by Douglas Adams. Disclaimer: I haven’t much appreciated Richard’s more recent cultural contributions. I prefer Lalla’s Doctor Who recollections.)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads