• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NWN Tools Beta: In the name of all that's holy!!!

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
finnally got it working on win2k box. It's neat, it will make creating dungeons a breeze..maybe 1hr to create a long winded kill em all type dungeon that will keep the party busy for a while!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Kiir said:

No official release date yet. But the beta for the game itself is starting soon, so figure about 6 weeks for that so mid july is your best bet. Maybe July 1st as a deadline for a new computer so you have it in time for the game.

Noticed Best Buy is now taking orders, so, I would say this is a very good guess.

I have to look at getting a new PC too or at least look into a new processor. It may be time to go laptop!

Dahak

Explorer
Chaldfont said:

I think I am going to print this out and use it in my paper-and-pencil game!

Here are some pics...

Master Tools are dead, long live NWN! :D

Nice looking dungeon setup you made! Wish I had had this little tool a couple of years ago instead of stealing maps from modules and refilling them to taste. :)

Lazybones

Adventurer
Hmm... I never thought of it that way, but I guess that NWN's toolset could be a good mapping utility for PnP D&D. It takes a little getting used to, but the 3d maps it creates look gorgeous even just within the utility. Some of the people on the bioware forums commented how they created maps and just "walked" through at ground level enjoying the textures and creatures, even though the game can't actually be played yet.

Zappo

Explorer
Hmm... I've downloaded it and I'm installing but I keep getting messages that the CRC for various files doesn't match. I've redownloaded it from a different source, but it's doing the same thing. Anyone else had the same problem?

Negative Zero

First Post
Leopold said:
i STILL cannot get this to work on my WinXP boxes...stupid program..

Waít, this doesn't run on XP??? That settles it, I'm not upgrading!!!! LOL
Seriously tho, does anyone know if it does or doesn't?

~NegZ

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
More important than does or does it not work on XP:

Dungeons created with the beta tools. Will we be able to use them in the full game?

If so, how many people are going to start converting old adventures over right now? :D

Chaldfont

First Post
The developers are saying that adventures made with the beta toolset will probably not work with the released game. Besides, the amount of content is very limited, so any dungeon you create is going to be very boring with so few different creatures to fight.

BTW--I am running it on WinXP w/ no problem...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads