• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OA] Armor Question

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Macbrea said:
That is how its suppose to work but you will notice the value of that armor is +100,000 gps in enchantments alone. Assuming that your GM is remotely staying close to the gp/level suggested guideline. You probably will be around 14th to 15th level when you get that +28 AC. Now, granted you won't be hit very often but your DM will just start hitting you with the obvious things. Hold person/Dominate person/Ice Storm/Wail of the banshee.....ect.

AC is nice but it isn't everything.

Compare
a +5 chain shirt and a +5 darkwood large shield
to
a +4 chain shirt, a +3 darkwood large shield, a +3 dastana, and a +3 chahar-aina

AC +16
to
AC +21

Just over 50,000 gp
to
Just under 44,000 gp

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
I think they were included in the first place to compensate for the lack of truly tank-like armor in OA.

If that were true, then the items would stack with Great armor, not just with the light armors.

I'm thinking that I will just rename the Dastana Buckler, since that seems to be basically what they are and how they are supposed to be used.

Of course that's just a house rule. Any others people can think of?

Remove ads