• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oathbound - my players love it

Ghostwind

First Post
Despite having a significant hand in the creation and upkeep of the Oathbound campaign setting through the years, I've never run it until tonight. My group at the store found themselves drawn into Israfel's grip and thrust into Penance. They are currently going through the "Dark Welcomes" adventure in the Oathbound: Domains of the Forge core book. Now that they have had a small taste they are completely hooked and loving it. Just wait until they find out about the Prestige Races. :)

Neil Bishop

First Post
My players loved it, too, in the two campaigns I ran. I am thinking, though, that it would be much easier to prep for using 4E. I was just looking at my Oathbound books the other day thinking it might be time to bring them out again.

It is a GREAT setting.

If you are running Oathbound, consider looking into the (now sort of wavering, but in its heyday, quite impressive) Yahoo group:

Living Planar (also named LP talk).

It has a lot of great ideas that are very directly transferable to Oathbound.

It also has a whole BUNCH of adventures in a strange planar location.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
It was a great read but I never got to run it. I kept all the books though and have them in a box somewhere. I'll hopefully rediscover then in 20 years and get to do something.

Ghostwind

First Post
I thought I would never get the opportunity to run an Oathbound campaign (too many other worlds) but I just decided this week to give it a go since the group was at a point where they could make the jump to the Forge. It worked like a dream. They really like the stark contrasts of the world right down to its twin suns and weekly seasons.

Treebore

First Post
I have always been impressed by Oathbound, which is why I have most, maybe all, of the books for it.

Now that this thread has me thinking about it, maybe pulling my current group to the Forge would work perfectly for the finishing phases of my high level campaign... and I too would finally get to actually use the setting!

I think I better go pull my books of the shelves and see if I can make it work.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I ran the intro adventure for my group and had a blast too.

It's a great setting - I wish all the domains had been detailed in their own supplements, though. :(

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Oathbound is a great setting!
I got to take my group into it years ago, we all had a blast! I loved that I could work in all kinds of stuff!

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Yea Oathbound! And yes I'm disapointed that the meta-plot was never continued. :(

I got my main DM and some friends to play a couple of sessions with me as the DM, and he was really, really impressed with the world. And he's hard to impress. Of course ths was before the player's guide was released so I told him which chapters in the book off limits for him to read. It's a shame that the rest of the group fell apart and we couldn't continue the game. :(

BTW Steve, there maybe a chance I'm moving to your area to get a job (got laid off a month and a half ago) and the only jobs I can find seem to be in that area.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads