Oathbound Preview

Jim Butler

Explorer
by Greg Dent, Jim Butler, and Todd Morasch

Prepare for the launch of a new realm of excitement and adventure by downloading this free preview of the Oathbound: Domains of the Forge campaign setting. This 14-page excerpt contains the following material from the 352-page full-color hardcover tome:

Table of Contents
Credits
The Introduction, providing a synopsis of the book.
The first few pages of Chapter 1, detailing how to forge your own campaign with the Oathbound setting.
The Glossary, illuminating the terms, people, places, and things unique to the world.

Oathbound: Domains of the Forge will be on sale at better hobby and game stores worldwide beginning in September. Bastion Press will have advance copies for sale at the Gen Con Game Fair in Milwaukee, WI from August 8-11.

Click the link below to download the preview.

Oathbound: Domains of the Forge Preview

MEG Hal

First Post
I have seen the first 3+ chapters of this setting and all I can say is it is a truly unique setting and takes you to a different plane, it is a great addition to any campaign since you do not add it to your current campaign physically it can just be *pop* there....is that a bird ...do you hear a bird? If you do not know what that is a reference to, read Oathbound!

Ok, I am done. :D

Ashy

First Post
"Yea, there's a bird, what of it? Wait a minute - there's another one, and another one, and they're....they're all staring at me with those cold, beady black eyes...creepy. Why...why are there so many of them? Why are they not cawing...or croaking...or whatever it is that birds do? Why are there so MANY?

Wait - they're all flying now - flying towards me- help! Everything is black birds.... black.... birds.... black.... birds.... black.... ness....

Ouch - why does the light hurt my eyes so much, oh, and my ears are ringing... Who is that???? WHAT is THAT??? WHERE AM I???"

Yea, Oathbound rocks - it is hands down the coolest stuff I've seen since Planscape, and if you don't think that is saying a lot - scope my sig. :)

Last edited:

Tewligan

First Post
How much?

How much will this be at GenCon? I saw the binder display version of this at Origins, and may have to give my attending friends some cash to pick it up.

jaldaen

First Post
Hey Jim,

Great Preview! I did notice one thing in the glossary:

Under Sleeping it says: Blooming is similar to winter.

I assume it is meant to say: Sleeping is...

Jaldaen

Jim Butler

Explorer
Re: How much?

Tewligan said:
How much will this be at GenCon? I saw the binder display version of this at Origins, and may have to give my attending friends some cash to pick it up.

Oathbound retails for $39.95. You'll be able to get $5 off that by visiting some of the d20 companies and getting a card stamped. ;-)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I have to say Jim, while I'm been very satistified with the work done at Bastion, Oathbound is DEFINATELY something I'd like to try out after I do my other stuff. Certainly this place have glimmers of two favorites, Dark Sun and Planescape. It's a terrific organic world Jim. I'm seriously impressed. I loved the preview and I'm seriously considering saving up for Oathbound when it comes out. Great job Jim.

DPGDarrin

First Post
Oathbound is definitely an inspiring setting, and unlike anything I've seen from TSR/WotC in the past. One thing I like about it - based on what I've seen, it looks like there's going to be long term support for it.

Like Ashy, I've done a bit of work on this project myself, and I can't wait until this one hits the streets :D

Remove ads