• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oathbound Questions

Crothian

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
And what about the players? Did they resent the change of scenery?

Or did you discuss this with them before the event?

The first time I did it the campaign up to the taking of the PCs was rather episodic. I wanted to suprise them and I did. But I purposely ran and finsihed a major plot in the starting world before taking them to Oathbound. At first in Oathbound they were like "What the...?" but they are used to me doing some odd things as a DM and they know I usually run a fun game. So, it took a little while for them to get their bearings in Oathbound and to get a feel for the way the campaign changed.

DMH

First Post
One thing you have to realize is that the Forge is a prison only to those who are drawn by the Fowl. If your PCs learn of it and planeshift there, they can planeshift out anytime (this is according to the line developer). They don't get any arrival gifts and if they get any earned gifts and turn coward, they might have one or more Fowl hunting them down for wasted power.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
DMH said:
One thing you have to realize is that the Forge is a prison only to those who are drawn by the Fowl. If your PCs learn of it and planeshift there, they can planeshift out anytime (this is according to the line developer). They don't get any arrival gifts and if they get any earned gifts and turn coward, they might have one or more Fowl hunting them down for wasted power.

I had the Fowl bring the PCs there, but I never intended to have them trapped there. My opinion was that if I did my job as DM, they'd want to stay, but if they didn't enjoy it, they were free to leave. Unfortunately the campaign only lasted about a half dozen sessions before real life broke up the group, but we all had fun while we were there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads