• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oaths with system???

drexes

First Post
I have an idea that centers around a Blood Oath. A Blood Oath is the sacred oath of vengeance among one of the races of my world (The fianna--celtic elves). It is there most sacred oath and other fianna will not interfere with a fianna who is thus Bloodsworn. The bloodsworn mark themselves by placing a bloody handprint upon thier own face. Once the act of vengeance is carried out a bloodsworn fiannan must recieve an atonement spell in order to become 'unsworn'. The fianna take the oath very seriously and any interference is considered akin to blasphemy or heresy. What I don't know is what effect the Oath has while the Fianna is under it...

I was wondering if anyone had a system for Oath type effects. I think the effects should be both bad and good. Does anybody else have any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

Drexes

DarkKestral

First Post
I would say that it should be something like:

Fiannan Blood Oath (su): While underneath the effects of a Blood Oath, a player...

Gains a +4 bonus to will saves involving mind-affecting effects involving the Oath, but a -4 penalty to all other will saves.

Gains the effects of the feat Diehard in the presence (100 ft) of the target of the oath. However, afterwards, the player must make a DC 15 fort save or else they will die from exertion, though if they survive, they remain under the effects of the feat for an addition 5 rounds. (if the player already has Diehard or an equivalent, the better version applies)

Gains a -2 penalty to all skill checks not associated with the oath, and a +2 bonus to those made as part of satisfying the oath.

This works?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads