• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OCC] Stargate SG-1 – Confrontation – OCC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Okay all,

We've lost Vardeman and Fanog for the time being so I'm looking to recruit two additional players into the game. However, I would prefer that they run one of the two NPCs remaining with the team . . .

Lt. Barry Stewart: 6'1" male African American, Detroit native, with a pro linebacker body. An Air Force lieutenant currently who was an college star athlete until a knee injury ended his career. After rehab, he joined the Air Force for a sense of purpose and has found, much much more. Good spirited and friendly, Stewart is at ease dealing with others from his time dealing with the media and fans while he was a star. In battle, he is a team player, though he does have a tendency to 'pick his moment' and be daring.

In Stargate SG-1, Stewart is Soldier 5 / Bodyguard 1.

Lt. Chris Reed: 5'11" female, striking redhead, native of Texas (mild accent). Also an Air Force lieutenant, she is something of a mystery. Frequently, she displays skills which are in contrast to what one would expect. Very observant and dedicated to working with the team, but operates on her own when undirected. Much more can't be said here, though could be gleamed from reading the IC threads (there are currently two).

In Stargate SG-1 Reed is 6th lvl as well

I've gotten some interest by someone to play Stewart, but I will look at other offers. Requirements are the ability and willingness to post at least daily (other than weekends), detailed descriptive posts, and ability to enter an existing game seemlessly, keeping the two in character as noted thus far.

I'm keeping this in thread currently before changing the title to advertise for characters.

Thanks and keep up the great work,
Keia

KitanaVorr

First Post
I kind of like our group small actually. That way we don't have to wait for people too long, things move fast etc. The SG teams aren't very large anyway. I don't think we're missing any key specialties and a few of us with cross-disciplines already can fill in for another in a snap.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
KitanaVorr said:
I kind of like our group small actually. That way we don't have to wait for people too long, things move fast etc. The SG teams aren't very large anyway. I don't think we're missing any key specialties and a few of us with cross-disciplines already can fill in for another in a snap.

That's true too. I really would like the game to move faster . . . A smaller group will also all better group dynamics and interaction. I am torn . . . because I like some of the interaction I can do via the NPCs as well.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Keia

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
I agree that a smaller, more streamlined group works better on many levels. The only thing is that more people bring more diversity to the group. I don't necessarily like how everyone posts or runs their character (I am sure many of you think that about me =0) !!!) BUT, it does provide different views and reactions.
And I think that is good.

Maybe a thought would be if you have someone who has been begging to get into the game, offer them a character. Otherwise, stick with NPCs for now.

Also, I have gone over the version of Durant you have created and I like him quite a bit. I have started checking out some of the other characters now and this system really seems to work well. Thnaks for putting all that work into 'us!'

Nuke

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
I'm happy with the group the way it is, but I'm in no way adverse to adding another PC or two into the mix. In other words, I'm being total indecisive (very helpful, I know...) so I'm happy with whatever is decided.

I'd like to echo Nuke261's thanks on converting our characters for us. The Stargate rules seem to cover everyone really rather well, and I'm particularly pleased with the way Lucas has turned out. He's become quite a bit more durable in his new incarnation, which suits him well :)

Calim

First Post
I for one like the faster posting as i seem to have no life. I would also like to thank all of you guys for making this a great game especially Keia of course with out whom we would be nowhere

kid A

First Post
i'm fine with the way things are. i guess i wouldn't be opposed to having new people, but things have been moving pretty steadily for the time being, so maybe the change has been for the best.

-kid A

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Bumping here instead of the IC

Looking for actions from topside and and further comments from Kitana et al before I start on the bottom. Regardless, IC post coming Tuesday Morning.

Keia

ps. very rough week ahead for me. But I don't way to slow things down.

Fanog

First Post
Hey everyone,

I just got an email from Keia over the Yahoogroups, which is kind of funny because I just had time yesterday to read up on the IC thread. It was nice to read how you are all gearing up again, though - in a strange sense - a little sad to see you going without Leonard. :( Ah well...

Life is still quite hectic, trying to juggle finishing one study and already having started another. Aargh! I do hope to finish this some time, and I'd love to rejoin then. For all of you, a big thumbs up from the bench, and good luck in getting away from these fire critters alive. ;)
All the best for now.

Ivo

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ivo,

Good to have you around still. Let me know when things get better for ya and I'll try to work ya back into the game. Take care!

Keia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads