• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

October '08: What Are You Playing?

Arnwyn

First Post
Making a decision about my next old school game - I'm nearly done the SNES/Genesis era of the games I missed with my recent completions of PSIV and Zelda: Oracle of Seasons. It'll either be Tales of Phantasia (GBA) or Zelda: Oracle of Ages. After those two, it's on to the PS1/N64/Saturn era!
So I've decided, and it will be Tales of Phantasia.

stevelabny

Explorer
Finished Kameo: fun little Rare platformer with one or two levels where the wonky controls took away from the experience. Also, the story wasn't as epic as it wanted or needed to be.

started Force Unleashed : its...ok? its pretty, but I feel both the story and the gameplay are a little underdeveloped.

really want to get my hands on: Dead Space: the pre-release hype and interviews are saying all the right things.

don't forget Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts: Banjo is back, hopefully the vehicles don't ruin it.

distracted by:
Pac-Man Championship Edition: my favoritest pastime.
Geometry Wars 2 and Rally-X for a little change of pace.
And Rock Band of course. The ultimate money pit.

want to be distracted by:
Braid: I enjoyed the demo, and I've heard the full game is even better
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: but then I'd have to turn my Wii on.

interested in: Silent Hill, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Tomb Raider Underworld, Castle Crashers, getting a PS3 for Little Big Planet, (well for Blu-Ray, but then I'd get LBP)

praying for: Nintendo to release anything worth playing that isn't a Mario party franchise. I mean, really guys, you have a huge installed base now and you're releasing nothing this Christmas?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Started Oblivion again, this time going with Argonian mage-type. Just something to play while I wait for Fallout 3. I did play Force Unleashed, but it was a colossal disappointment.

On PC I still play Spore. I imagine I'll be going to play it on and off for quite some time. It definetly wasn't a disappointment.

Punnuendo

First Post
360- FIFA '08, Battlefield: Bad Company, Mass Effect, Conan

DS- Advanced Wars, Final Fantasy 4, DragonQuest 4

PSP - Patapon

Getting Soon - Fable 2, Fallout 3, Sonic RPG

Pants

First Post
360: Finishing a second playthrough of Mass Effect, Also played Gears of War on some co-op and just beat it on Hardcore! Insane difficulty co-op is next! :)

Plus a little of The Darkness on the side.

mrtauntaun

First Post
With the Bioshock 2 teaser trailer hitting the net, I am playing Bioshock and loving it all over again. This really is one of my favorite games of all time, can't wait for the sequel

Orius

Legend
Still playing FFXII, on my third run now. Been playing it for 6 weeks straight, which is two or three time longer than I can usually stand playing a game before I'm ready for a change. Damn, this game's got me hooked.

stevelabny

Explorer
I finished Force Unleashed. Its pretty buggy, the Star Destroyer sequence is a wee bit frustrating, and the last two turns to the story are a little redundant but overall, I enjoyed the pretty Star Wars cutscenes and nods to Star Wars history. This felt more Star Warsy too me than a lot of the non-movie stuff.

I moved on and am 10/12 of the way through Dead Space. This is one of the most polished games I've ever played. No bugs, glitches, jaggies, popup, slowdown, or the usual video game plagues. Plus, I really have to agree that not having any status info onscreen adds to the immersion. it makes it feel like a movie, even when I'm playing. The way the folded the health bar into the back of your suit, and the ammo counter into your gun was very well done. It can make close-quarters combat a bit dicery, but I'm gonna guess that it was the designers intention to have close-quarters be scary.

The game is filled with a lot of fetch quests, or "oh noes, now something else broke, go fix it" but if the story has any payoff at all, the sheer amount of eye AND EAR candy will give this game a very high score with me.

Remove ads