• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

October Gaming

BSF

Explorer
Hey folks,
October is here! So what is the schedule for this month?

October 7 - Seekers of Legend
October 14 - Off week
October 21 - Agents of the Gods
October 28 - Seekers of Legend (Probably)

October 28 is the Seekers game. But it is also right before Halloween. Would everyone rather do a Halloween type game that night? Or should I bend over backwards to orchestrate such a session for the Seekers? Of course, that would require you get done with what you are currently doing first. I leave it up to you.

There are a few questions in the Administrivia thread that not everyone has provided feedback for. Remember that if you do not express an opinion, you fall to the whims of the vocal majority.

Sounds good to me. Chris and I may be late this Friday because we have some family coming in to town, but we will be there.

A halloween game sounds like fun. It would be good to do with the seekers, but if we are not ready, then I wouldn't mind playing a one-night halloween campaign.

BSF

Explorer
I would still like to start close to on time this week so we can try to get through the adventure and move forward. Does anybody have any problems with starting w/o Kind and Ceru? That does impact some of your spellcasting capabilities for the group. It also takes out two mid-line combatants if it comes to that.

On the other hand, it does allow us to start on time and try to move forward through the adventure so we can try to move beyond it.

Macbeth

First Post
I agree on starting on time, not matter who's there.

And if it does come to running, my character has a faster base speed and enough reach to take AoOs against anybody that catches up. I don't have to outrun the bad guys, I just have to outrun the rest of the party. ;)

BSF

Explorer
Did Deigh also take improved trip? That would make it even easier. Knock the party down and outrun them. :D

OK, another quick question that should probably belong in Administrivia:
What should/can we do to speed up combat? It seems like combat has been going slower than it should really need to lately.

Macbeth

First Post
NO improved trip yet, maybe after he gets that one feat that's name escpaes me... that lets you take more then one AoO per round. Why the heck is the name beyond me right now?

Anyway, I think going back to the old rule of "roll damage and attack at the same time or your attack misses" would be good... Beyond that, it might help if we just get used to our tactics more. We spend too long figuring out what to do, instead od doing it.

Meowzebub

First Post
Combat Reflexes - multiple AoO

I have been trying to roll damage as I attack, or else I roll the two handed attacks both at the same time and then both damages.

I didn't think we were doing too bad, but fighting that invisble fungus slowed us down incredibly as players slowly danced around squares on the map trying to bump into it. Although my refernce is a little skewed by my Ardania game where a battle is an all night affair.

Tormal

First Post
I'm all for starting early this time too. Early meaning on-time actually, hahahaha. Anyway don't think you can get away so easy Deigh! See you tomarrow!

Remove ads