[October] What Are You Reading?

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
dave_o said:
I just finished Mysterious America: Revised by Loren Coleman, and can't go outside without looking over my shoulder anymore. :D Any of you who read about "door-thumper" from the supernatural encounters thread understand why.

Not to do some blatant plugging (well, to do some blatant plugging ;)), but did you catch my name in the Thanks section (p. 326)? I told Loren about the giant snakes at Devil's Den in Gettysburg in an e-mail, but I didn't know until I got my copy that he'd put me in the book. LOL. The killer clowns rule. :)

ForceUser

Explorer
Michael Moorcock, The Sailor on the Seas of Fate, Book Two of the Elric Saga. For the fourth time. Inspiration for one of my D&D campaigns.

Shadowrun, 3rd edition. I don't even play at the moment; this is simply a great read.

I'm berift of new, interesting books at the moment and not interested in buying any new ones. Unless it's the new George R. R. Martin...but that's not out yet.

I'm actually playing Temple of Elemental Evil by Troika Games more than anything else at the moment. Crunchy 3.5E goodness.

I just finished American Gods. I haven't been this entranced by a book since... since... hell, I can't even remember.

And I started reading Ship of Magic, by Robin Hobbs. I didn't like Assassin's Apprentice too much, but SoM's combination of pirates and magic looked too good to resist.

blindrage

Raging blindly since 1969
Just got done reading Fire Warrior. It's another Warhammer 40k novel focusing on the Tau empire and one its warrior's very bad day. And also finshed the new Gaunt's Ghosts novel. Much better than the last book.

Eosin the Red

First Post
I am finishing my second read of A song of Fire and Ice. Nearly done with book three.

At work I am trying to get into Elanore of Aquatine by Allison Weir.

Warehawk

Explorer
Right now I'm reading Hit Man by Lawrence Block.

Next up is Time to Murder and Create also by Lawrence Block.

For Halloween this year it's going to be The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.

mojo1701

First Post
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene. Also the author of The Quiet American. I have to read them for my English ISU. After that, I'm gonna try and get into Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy. I need to catch up on the Star Wars books, after I'm done reading those two plus another few books for English.

Justinian

First Post
Warehawk said:
For Halloween this year it's going to be The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson.
I forgot about Halloween books in my post. There's only one book to read on Halloween, and that's A Night in the Lonesome October, by Roger Zelazny. It is, quite simply, the best Halloween book ever. And I forgot to start it. There's 31 chapters, and you can read one per day in October, finishing up on Halloween itself. I'll catch up today with chapters 1-4. Or just read the book in one sitting, like I did the first time.

Limper

First Post
Just finished "Fingerprints of the Gods" last month and am rereading book 1 of the Black Company as well as reading a couple of compilations of Cthulhu shorts by people other than HPL.

I also have one on Engineering marvels through the Renesaince that I'm hoping to get to... wouldn't be a problem except class is getting in the way.

Remove ads