• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oddballs - wrong battlemat role for the class

I've seen some weird combos, too.

An elven fighter/rogue using a greatsword or greataxe (I forget which). He was a glass ninja (high AC, had Combat Expertise, but low hp), and had to be the front-liner because no one else in the party had any reasonable melee capability. He had Improved Feint which was useful because he rarely had anyone to flank with him, and we didn't have a competent mage either (no summons, no glitterdust, had minor image but never used it; the player was a newbie though).

A barbarian with low Strength who used throwing axes ... but he was a pacifist, too. His evil clone was nastier than I had expected.

An elven (Aerenal culture) paladin of the Undying Court who used a pair of light swords. He had a relatively low Charisma and Wisdom 10, but a very high Dex.

A female dwarven fighter/mage with a ... greatsword.

Least serious, a sorcerer with high Strength and Dex but low Con. He got killed, needless to say. He tried to melee a wingless dragon. He made his save vs the breath weapon, but it just didn't matter.

For Modern, two Strong/Infiltrators. One used a knife to sunder things. (The Sunder feat is kind of ... overpowered in D20 Modern). Also a Fast/Field Scientist with virtually no useful skills.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads