• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oeczuel the Angel of Fire

Meadyaon

First Post
I would like some help in making the description below into an angel. I would like his sword to effect even those immune to fire. His sword is equal too a bastard sword. He can duplicate the effects of any fire spell as a standard action since he is the Lord of Flames. What abilities should I give his armor and shield? Should his shield be tower shield? What other abilities should I give him?

Physical Description: This empyreal figure appears as a twelve feet tall man. Three pairs of wings of rippling, roaring white flame sprouts from his back. The wings crest a full foot-and-half higher than the head and measure thirty-six feet from wingtip to wingtip. He is muscular, sleek muscles rippling under skin that glows like heated metal. His hair is made out of white flames that reach down to his broad shoulders. His oval face is angelic looking. His eyes glow with white flame. His mouth is full of fire. He wears a magnificent gleaming golden cuirass. The breastplate flares out at the base. The magnificent gleaming golden pauldrons that he wears are flanged. Below his cuirass hangs a pair of curved, six-lamed tassets that are strapped to his cuirass. His left arm holds a long sword made of semisolid holy fire as if it was an extension of his body. In his right hand he carries a magnificent gleaming golden colored shield. From the waist down waist he appears to be on fire. When Oeczuel speaks, his very breath is flame.

Sekhmet

First Post
When I get back from the store in an hour or so, I'll stat this guy up. Sounds like a badass, unique individual, so I'll make him a Rank 0 deity instead of your average mob.
His sword will deal damage like the priest spell "Flame Strike", where it deals part Holy and part Fire damage (to get around immunity to fire).
His sword sounds like a tower shield, but he'll treat it like a Heavy Steel Shield. He's just such a large individual, that it would be a tower shield to a normal sized person.

Sekhmet

First Post
[sblock=Oeczuel]Oeczuel, Angel of Fire
Large Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
Divine Rank: 0
HD: 25d8+125 (325)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 40', Fly 120' (good)
AC: 48
BAB/Grapple: 25/38
Attack: +5 Sacred Burst Bastard Sword +38 melee (2d8+15/19-20) or Slam +33 (2d8+14)
Full Attack: +5 Sacred Burst Bastard Sword +38/+33/+28/+23 (2d8+15/19-20)
Space/Reach: 10'/10'
SA: Spell-like abilities, spells, Holy Fire
SQ: DR 35/+4, Immunities (Transmutation, Energy Drain, Ability Drain, Ability Damage, Mind-Affecting Effects, Energy Immunity, Fire Immunity), Energy Resistance 20, Spell Resistance 32, Immortality, Fire Speech, Holy Fire
Saves: Fort +19, Ref +18, Will +21
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 18, Con 20, Int 19, Wis 25, Cha 25
Skills: ----
Feats: EWP: Bastard Sword, Power Attack, Hover, Improved Initiative
Environment: ----
CR: 23
Treasure: ----
Alignment: Neutral Good

Holy Fire: Anytime Oeczuel is hit by an opponent in melee or ranged combat, the attacker takes 3d6 Fire damage (Reflex 1/2, DC21) that bypasses immunities and resistances. Likewise, whenever he hits an opponent with any attack (including spells), his attack deals 3d6 additional damage as Fire (Reflex 1/2, DC 21) that bypasses immunities and resistances.

Lord of Fire: At will, Oeczuel may cast any fire spell from any spell list as a 20th level caster.
Oeczuel casts spells as a 14th level Cleric with the Fire and War domains.

Fire Speech: Oeczuel can speak to and understand any creature with the Fire subtype. [/sblock]

Make alterations how you like, apply feats and skills that make sense to your vision. He's wearing a +5 Breastplate and a +5 Tower Shield (that he treats as a Heavy Steel Shield), with no other enchantments on them.

Meadyaon

First Post
How do I go about figuring out what abilities his armor and shield have? How would i figure out what to name his items? What are the best books to look at to help me in figuring out his armor and shield's abilities? How should I make his magical items disappear after he is killed? Would having a smite ability be a good idea? Should he have the ability to command and control any creature with the fire subtype? How should I set up his ability to summon other angels? Also how should I set up his ability to sense fires and creatures with the fire subtype?

Last edited:

Meadyaon

First Post
Should the following ability allow for a save throw? Due to having that ability would he need skills in the Knowledge of fiends and fallen angels?
Know the Names of All Fiends: By looking at any being with the Evil subtype Oeczuel may know its name and background. This is just like the legend lore spell, but the effect is instantaneous , and the being with the Evil subtype is not allowed a save throw.

What should I look at to help out with finishing up this angel?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads