Off to War - Duet (Aidan)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] new init that is correct, let me see if you beat his first than I'll post actions for round 1 [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Wierd that after I click roll it says Internet Expoler can not display page and yet the roll goes through. Ok any one of those beat your init so I'll take the lowest, :p [/sblock]

The hooded man waits for Aidan to come in close, and then with lightning speed his arm shoots out grabbing the chain. A quick twist and pull and the thorns start to dig into Aidan's hands. Forced to let go Aidan tries to take the legs out from under the man. His foot sweeps through air as his opponent pulls his leg up out of the way.

"Nice try," the hooded man says standing before Aidan holding the chain in his hands. "Please try again."

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aidan was not confident to begin with, and having the man rush in and disarm him so easily while avoiding his response was incredibly demoralizing. What purpose did this fight serve? It was quite obvious this man had every conceivable advantage in this combat, there was no victory in sight for Aidan. What purpose did humiliating him in front of stranger's serve? All this because Fallon gave him a Mojaer'tal?

He wished he'd never picked the bloody thing up. Unfortunately, unlike most of the others he's met lately, he can't magick things the way he wants them, so he'd have to deal with things as they are. Now that the pair were in close distance, he threw a punch and a kick in the hopes of throwing the man off balance and bringing him to the ground.

[sblock=Actions]
Flurry of Blows; Strike 1 Trip attempt 1d20-2=8 Miss, unless the guy has a dex of 6.
Strike 2 Trip attempt 1d20-2=12 Miss unless his dex is 12 or under. If so, let me know so I can roll the appropriate checks... [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Moving to block and dodge Aidan's blows the hooded stranger says while whirling the chain, "You keep fighting although your heart is not in it. Interesting." He takes the chain and checks his swing bring the still blunt end to bear on Aidan. The swing looks like he just meant to drive the boy back and not really hurt him.

"When fighting your heart, your soul, everything you are everything inside you, should be brought forth. Holding back will only bring you that much closer to defeat."

[sblock=OOC] AC for this round = AC: 25 T: 24 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Aidan sighed as he knocked the blunt end of the chain aside without much effort, his muscles screaming in protest.

"I'm not holding myself back. I can tell you are, though. I'm exhausted, I already told you that... Bring Defeat closer? I lost the moment I agreed to step into this ring to show a couple children a few tricks. I was defeated the moment you chose to raise your hand against me."

The boy growled in aggravation, sending another pair of blows in his direction, repeating the previous attempt.

[sblock=Actions]
Flurry of Blows trip attempts. Did you know I can only hit if I confirm a critical hit, Holyman?
1d20-2=11, 1d20-2=2 Both miss. Again.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Not a confirm crit just needed a nat 20 that always hits. The hooded man is refering to your trip attempts he knows you could stun him but you aren't trying. I need to take the gf out to dinner so I will finish this round and be back tonight to prehaps finish this altogether, but I don't want Aidan defeat so much as the back and forth proving futile. And him showing he can hold his own and fights through the odds. Great job so far.

AC: 20 T: 19 this round [/sblock]

"You think that an orc will let you sleep before trying to slit your throat for a taste of your blood? Do you think an adversary will wait till you are prepared for them? And do you think the Bon'Dradi would care that you were ignorant of the weapon you carry, and the honor you tread on?"

He moves fast compared to Aidan's slow exhausted moves. And still he tries only to hit him with the blunt end of the mojaer-tal. The blunt end catching him on the knee.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
"A WHAT? Ya tryin' ta scare me wit' fairy tales? An' last I heard, the Bon'Dradi butchered an entire town... since when do I care about a murderer's honor? If a manbutcher has honor, then I'm happy to stomp on it... dead or not when they catch me. An' no, the beasties and baddies out there won't wait... this ain't that though... this be a circle fight..." Aidan took a blow to the knee, and jumped to reduce the impact, landing onto his hands as he unleashed a pair of kicks suffused with his frustration, one aimed for his head, the other for his kneecap.

Both blows missed, but the mix of blows nearly caught the man off guard this time, his foot just missing his face. "Would ya just hold still for once!?" The boy mumbled in frustration. "I didn't even want ta bloody fight in the first place..."

[sblock=Actions]
Flurry of Blows: First=Trip to leg,
1d20-2=9 Miss... a-friggin'-gain. Second, Stunning Blow to Head. 1d20-2=16, 1d6-2=3 Close, but no cigar... if you were implying that this Duskblade knew Aidan could do it, I suppose he'd notice the energy in the kick, and with that in mind, since I've been RPing it as a spark of arcane power... he'd likely feel the power behind that kick...[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Sorry Theroc but I will need at least a yes or no on my level up proposal which is here before we can continue this. [/sblock]

Remove ads