Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

Theroc

First Post
Right, traditionally gladiators wore little armor. And if you want monk abilities, armor is definitely what you want to sacrafice. Though it sounds more like you want to play a monk and add fighter abilities to that...

In essence, that's what I was doing.

Holyman said:
Remember gladiator would be seperate from monk so you would probably have light and med armor as a gladiator specially if you play him as a straight class (a gladiator would wear a breastplate I believe)

Here's the question you need to ask are you a monk first who becomes a gladiator or do you want to be a gladiator who becomes a monk.

I am aware they'd be separate classes. I was planning multiclass to reflect his mixed training.

As for which came first: Monk training to ready him for the Arena/ anything else that came to hand.

Edit to reply to Holyman's edit:
Never saw the Tao monks, but yes. Dazzling others with his 1337 skillz is how he planned to make his money. If he had to pummel someone with it, that's just fine too.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Duh??

I'm so dumb!?

Rhun you could change out your animal companion and spell casting abilities That way you don't lose out on the other ranger abilities

Rhun

First Post
Edit to reply to Holyman's edit:
Never saw the Tao monks, but yes. Dazzling others with his 1337 skillz is how he planned to make his money. If he had to pummel someone with it, that's just fine too.

Leet skills? He's only 1st level! LOL.

Rhun you could change out your animal companion and spell casting abilities That way you don't lose out on the other ranger abilities

Yeah, exactly. That's a good point. Let me play around with it and see what I want to do.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Tao they tied bright ribbions and scarves to thier weapons and dance about the forms and you wouldn't have to pummel to make any money disarm/incapacitate, little stunning fist action/subdual damage

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
but you have a great concept started a monk out the monastery
why? what are his goals? Not to fight the Treylir but he's caught up in that for now

His "arena" is a circle of yelling men who want to see his blood the circle were he learns more about fighting

ghostcat

First Post
I am definitely interested in this. Unfortunately, or maybe even fortunately, my favourite classes have already been reserved. So I am going to have to look further afield.

Given that you are allowing variant classes, how about Hunter (Druid) from the SRD. The only thing is, the variant does not work as is, as the only distant weapon is a sling. Therefore, it either:

1. Needs a bow weapon proficiency. Not sure what the trade off would be on this.

2. Needs to allow Move Silently and Hide as Class skills. Change for Diplomacy and Swim.

What do you think?

Rhun

First Post
Kinda steps on the toes of the hunter/woodsman PC I was planning on building, though I certainly wasn't planning on using the druid as a base class.

ghostcat

First Post
Kinda steps on the toes of the hunter/woodsman PC I was planning on building, though I certainly wasn't planning on using the druid as a base class.

Sorry. I don't want to step on your toes. I was looking to provide some healing. Hence the druid base class as I have never liked Clerics. I'll leave the hunter to you and switch to a Battle Sorcerer

Rhun

First Post
Sorry. I don't want to step on your toes. I was looking to provide some healing. Hence the druid base class as I have never liked Clerics. I'll leave the hunter to you and switch to a Battle Sorcerer

That's funny...I'm the opposite. I love clerics, don't really like druids much. I'd play a cleric here if I weren't already playing on in like 4 other games.

Theroc

First Post
Leet skills? He's only 1st level! LOL.

I never said he actually GOT those 1337 skillz yet. Just that's his goal.

Anyways, Holyman, I'll try to work on that Gladiator class with you, if you'll show me anything you've already worked up since I don't wanna step on your toes if you've already worked something up.

Remove ads