• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official D&D Modules that Primarily Take Place in Castles or Towers?

paladinpariah

First Post
I'm trying to compile a list of all the official published modules released for any edition of D&D that take place in a tower or a castle. I'm going to use them in a special campaign I'm running. I flagged this for 3/3.5e because that's the edition I'll be using for the campaign. Would gladly love it if people had any other suggestions for my list. Thanks.

So far this is what I have:

B3 Palace of the Silver Princess
X2 Castle Amber
C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness
T1 The Village of Hommlet (because of the Moathouse)
The Sunless Citadel

Suggested Additions:
DL8 Dragons of War
UK3 The Gauntlet
UK4 When a Star Falls
Tower, Temple, & Tomb
B9 Castle Caldwell and Beyond
Sons of Gruumsh
I6 Ravenloft
RM4 House of Strahd
WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure
Maure Castle

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I6 Ravenloft

The Dragonlance module in the High Clerist's Tower. Enormous poster map of it, too. Can't remember which one it is.

paladinpariah

First Post
My googlefu is failing me as there are a lot of references to that tower in sourcebooks and novels. Going to try harder to hunt the name of this module down as it seems like it's a perfect addition to my list. Thanks for the suggestion as I can't have too many modules on the list.

Edit: Found it... DL8 Dragons of War. Adding it to my list.

JonnyP71

Explorer
UK3 - The Gauntlet

And UK4 - When a Star Falls has a tower too

I would argue that neither the T1 Moathouse nor the Palace in B3 feels much like true castles, they are just really traditional dungeons.

paladinpariah

First Post
UK3 - The Gauntlet

And UK4 - When a Star Falls has a tower too

I would argue that neither the T1 Moathouse nor the Palace in B3 feels much like true castles, they are just really traditional dungeons.

While I agree that they basically end up being dungeon crawls, part of this project is going to use story elements as well. So I include them because in the story of the module, they take place in towers or castles.

Thanks for the suggestions about UK3 and UK4.

Remove ads