• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official D&D Modules that Primarily Take Place in Castles or Towers?

JeffB

Legend
Wow! How is there a module that I've never even heard of? Been playing since 1981. Thanks for the info, very enlightening...

My pleasure. I picked up a like new copy for 5 bucks at a used book store last summer. Its got some fun bits. 3 short related adventures.

delericho

Legend
There are two sequels to I6 Ravenloft: "House of Strahd" in 2nd Ed and "Expedition to Castle Ravenloft" for 3e. Of course, "Curse of Strahd" is coming soon.

There's also "Greyhawk Ruins" and "Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk" which involve exploration of Castle Greyhawk. Technically, I suppose "Castle Greyhawk" would also count, but is not exactly recommended.

pemerton

Legend
There are various Castle Greyhawk modules (Greyhawk Ruins, and the 3E "Expedition to . . ." hardback), but the action in those is in dungeons under ruined castles/towers.

OA3 Ochimo the Spirit Warrior has a castle-like stronghold as one element, though it's not European in flavour. I think there's at least one other OA module that has a castle (maybe OA2? I don't have my copies ready to hand right now).

X2 Castle Amber involves a stronghold with some castle-like elements. And the sample adventure in Moldvay Basic is a tower - the Haunted Keep.

Luz

Explorer
WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure is in a castle, as well as it's 3.5 update Maure Castle from Dungeon Magazine #112. There is also the awful WG7 Castle Greyhawk, or you can also check out WGR1 Greyhawk Ruins.

JeffB

Legend
There's only 12 relies besides yours. I'm sure you could have answered your own question in less time than it took to actually ask it! :D

My connection was really slow here last night and this morning. It was actually quicker to post than reload the 1st page.

But yeah, that looked lazy.

Remove ads