• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official Tomb of Horrors 3.5 conversion (merged)

ThirdWizard

First Post
Crothian said:
well, as everyone knows multi classing can really improve some saves. So, that character would be seen as having a high fort save for the level.

And a low Will Save. :]

I mean... :]

Darn... can't help myself...

dcollins

Explorer
gordonknox said:
1. Did Gary G know about this? I would like to hear his comments. (Will the next old school school conversion also be a GG classic?)

2. As mentioned, tournament modules are very different than "regular" modules. Based on the comment regarding the module as a "I am going to knock you down a peg" tool, were gamers permitted to bring and use homegrown characters in tournament events? I did not know that.

1. Gygax would gag. He doesn't like 3rd Ed., and doesn't let his current products be released with d20 System stats. Of course, you could ask: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=125997

2. No, not in a tournament. Of course there are non-tournament convention games, on the side.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
ThirdWizard said:
I've heard multiclass clerics can be decent, but I've never seen it personally. Perhaps my players just aren't crafty enough.

My Living Greyhawk character at 9th level:

Multi-classed Ftr4/Mnk2/Pious Templar 1/Exotic Weapon Master1/Dwarven Defender1

Con: 16, Dex 14, Wis 10

Base Saves = Fort +16 Ref +6 Will +10 (And +2 vs spells and poison on top of it).

Not including any magic item increases.

He's now 17th level (8 more levels of dwarven defender) and his saves are pretty impressive. :)

So it's possible, but most people don't need to do that much multi-classing to get their concept down. (Mine was nigh-unkillable dwarven warrior.)

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
shilsen said:
I was just reading the first couple of pages and noticed that there are a couple places where the PCs are teleported with no save (which isn't the way Teleport works in 3/3.5e).

It is the way Teleportation Circle works, though.

Cheers!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads