• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OGL core rulebook Images

Uber Dungeon

First Post
This might be a silly question and the answer is probably no because I think the images are probably copyright of the artist...

So in my project under the Open Gaming Licence can I use say the Image of the fighter in the class chapter?

-Thank you in advance.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You can use what is in the SRD. You can't use what is not in the SRD. Put your core rulebooks away and ignore them. Print out the SRD. That's what you can use.

Uber Dungeon

First Post
Yeah... SRD. I was just thinking that it would be cool to have the fighter image in a none Book D&D related project.
Thanks for the quick replay.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Yeah... SRD. I was just thinking that it would be cool to have the fighter image in a none Book D&D related project.
Thanks for the quick replay.
I would also add, as a suggestion, that unless you want to risk lawsuit, or at the very least, want to risk doing a lot of work and having to can it because of a Cease & Desist order, to buy a couple hours' time from a lawyer versed in copyright law, to spare yourself some of the most common pitfalls we've seen OGL publishers fall prey to. At the very least, look up some of the FAQs that successful OGL publishers have crafted over. The years to help avoid the most egregious problems. But smart thing is, if you're putting more than your time as an hourly rate into this, it's worth the research. Good Luck! I love seeing more creative OGL projects out there!

Remove ads