• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ogre Mage/Dragonborn of Bahamut Paladin or Fighter

Starbuck_II

First Post
Savage Species shows its progression and its starting characteristics. I mentioned the starting ones the first time I posted on this topic.

Savage Species has no bearing on how racial abilities work. It only affects its own class "Ogre Magi" not how real Ogre Magi work.

So energy Drain works regardless of that class.
But anyway, if you'd rather take the class do so. But people can certainly just take energy drain or a friendly undead (if they can afford it).

emoplato

First Post
Savage Species has no bearing on how racial abilities work. It only affects its own class "Ogre Magi" not how real Ogre Magi work.

So energy Drain works regardless of that class.
But anyway, if you'd rather take the class do so. But people can certainly just take energy drain or a friendly undead (if they can afford it).
And Savage Species tells you how a player makes a monster character. So, it tells you how to make an Ogre Mage.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Hmmm.... A Pixie/Dragonborn of Bahamut Ranged Fighter

Well, the way I read Races of the Dragon only humanoids can be Dragonborn of Bahamut. I knew I was stretching the point with the Ogre Mage.

Plus I glossed over the fact that becoming Dragonborn you DO lose any special abilities/spell like abilities.

On the other hand ... I have been given pretty much a free hand in whatever I want to do to make up these unusual NPCs.

I LIKE it. Of course I could just use the draconic or half dragon templates with the Pixie and get the same character without bending the rules.

Have to look at the benefits. Hmm .. take the 1st two levels of the draconic racial class gives +2 STR, CON & CHA.
Pixie as Character gets -2 STR, +8 DEX, +6 INT, +4 WIS & +6 CHA

I think My Draconic based NPC Adventuring Company just gained a member.

Ranged Fighter all the way (may still dip rogue to get backstab)

Of course with a good CHA it would also be good for Fighter/Sorcerer combo.

thanks [MENTION=97812]emoplato[/MENTION]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Heck, you might as well go Paladin if you're going Dragonborn of Bahamut. It's flavorful, your alignment still fits (and if it doesn't, just take the CG Paladin of Freedom variant from the Unearthed Arcana)...

... ah, but you want all those tasty ranged combat feats.
... ah but you could multi- Paladin/Sorcerer if your DM isn't picky about rules (or just blow a feat on the one that lets you multi- Paladin)
... OR, you could go Paladin of Freedom/Warlock. There's your ranged combat - unlimited energy rays.

I've always wanted to play a Pixie Paladin.

garagos

First Post
What about Crusader or Warblade from ToB? Don't think I saw anywhere that this book was banned so you'd probably be better off going with one of those over Paladin/Fighter.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
What about Crusader or Warblade from ToB? Don't think I saw anywhere that this book was banned so you'd probably be better off going with one of those over Paladin/Fighter.

Don't have ToB. Will probably never have ToB.

Draconic Pixie Ranged Fighter and Gonna Bend the Rules and apply Arcane Archer as well (since the Pixie can imbue arrows with memory loss or sleep anyway, I think the prestige class is a natural fit) after dipping a level of Sorcerer.

Gray Lensman

Explorer
I am working on picking up some used books.

These Are the Books I have, Plus whatever I can glean from the web
PHB (3.0 so I have to look at SRD as well)
PHB II
MM
DMG
Comp Divine, Arcane, Adventurer, Warrior
Eldritch Might I, II, III
Races of Destiny, Stone and Wild and Races of the Dragon
Savage Species
Epic Level handbook
Arms and Equipment Guide

Got any suggestions as to the next 2 or three I shuold try to get?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads