• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oh my god... It just hit me!!!

Empath Negative

First Post
Imagine if they FIXED Shadow Magic and Truenaming?

I mean despite how sucktastic they are... they have phenom potential to be extremely thematic and fascinating.

They have a chance to REBUILD the whole damn'd game with these new releases?

They can strive to put right what once went wrong, and hoping each time that their next leap will be the leap home.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Adequately put, Dandu.

I also felt there were lots of nifty ideas that showed up in the waning days of 3.5Ed* that simply needed some reworking to be truly stellar, but which were tossed with the rest of that edition when 4Ed was designed.

And for the record, I feel I'll be able to say much the same of 4Ed when 5Ed hits the shelves.

* as well as in some of the clones

Empath Negative

First Post
But instead, we got 4th edition :p

And it seems they're aware of the abortion that 4th ed. is.

Mod Note: Colorful metaphors are, in fact, colorful. But when you go hyperbolic, the color is pretty nasty, so your post looks like you left a steaming pile in the middle of the floor. And edition warring is just plain unattractive. Really, folks, keep it clean. Thanks. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Greenfield

Adventurer
I've played 4th Edition and enjoyed it. That enjoyment, however, was far more related to the people involved and the story being told than it was to anything in the mechanics.

A good DM can make any system work.
A bad DM can't make any system work.

What we need is a system for all the DMs that fall between those two extremes.

4e tried to be that system.

We're here in the Legacy forum because, in our opinion, it failed to meet that goal.

What's the surprise that the people here think that it failed to meet that goal?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I wasn't paying attention at the time, was Tome of Magic one of the books available for reprint by Wizards of the Coast?

I agree that those class concepts are flavorful and appealing.

Remove ads