• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oh my god... It just hit me!!!

the Jester

Legend
I'd love to see some good, balanced, really flavorful shadow-magic-using classes, regardless of edition. 3e's version is pretty roundly criticized as underpowered and 4e's isn't nearly as flavorful as it ought to be. 2e had a pretty cool specialty wizard shadow mage in, IIRC, the 2e Tome of Magic, and BEMCI had something in one of the Gazeteers that I'm told was pretty good. But yeah, this seems like a large hole waiting to be filled.

Dandu

First Post
I'd love to see some good, balanced, really flavorful shadow-magic-using classes, regardless of edition. 3e's version is pretty roundly criticized as underpowered and 4e's isn't nearly as flavorful as it ought to be. 2e had a pretty cool specialty wizard shadow mage in, IIRC, the 2e Tome of Magic, and BEMCI had something in one of the Gazeteers that I'm told was pretty good. But yeah, this seems like a large hole waiting to be filled.
Well, there's Shadowcraft Mage and Shadowcrafter...

Last edited:

Remove ads