Ohio Gameday 2: Game Sign Up (5/17/03)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Crothian said:
I'm going to run Fellowship of the Flute Part 2. I'm advancing the pregens up to third level. More info as it becomes availible.

I'm working on it for you and will have a humdinger of an adventure for your gaming pleasure. It will be titled Blessings in Disguise ;)

I will also have a second adventure ready by then that I offer up for someone to DM. We'll call it The Taking of Giants' Reach and I playtested it through four slots last Gencon as well as other places. It's good for four 7th level characters, though it could be played comfortably with six 5th level characters as well.

Enkhidu said:
As a suggestion, we might want to find out what kind of games people request, and then get DM's to run those games (sort of player driven rhather than DM driven). I think Chicago tried this method - why not give it a shot?

That hasn't worked out so well, unfortunately, and I will be adjusting my approach back to the DM driven version. I like to know what the players would like to play, but if the DMs don't sign up, and sign up early, you've just wind up with a lot of folks talking about what they like to play. :(

Crothian said:
The sponsors were great. Hopefully we can get somemore. I'm not sure the best way to proceed with that though. I'll look into it.

I will pledge prizes for the tables running Blessings in Disguise and The Taking of Giants' Reach. More than one table of each game is fine, if there are that many DMs interested in running them. They'll be PDF prizes and the DMs can contact me after the Gameday with the names and Email addresses of of all of the players at those tables as well as the DM, of course. :)

Mr Fidgit

First Post
Mark said:
I will also have a second adventure ready by then that I offer up for someone to DM. We'll call it The Taking of Giants' Reach and I playtested it through four slots last Gencon as well as other places. It's good for four 7th level characters, though it could be played comfortably with six 5th level characters as well.
i'd love to take a look at that Mark :D

how long were the Gencon slots? (i think last time everything here was 4 hours each)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Mr Fidgit said:
i'd love to take a look at that Mark :D

how long were the Gencon slots? (i think last time everything here was 4 hours each)

Give me a few weeks to clean it up for public consumption and I'll give you a closer look. We can discuss some of it by Email if you'd like to get a better feel for it before seeing it in its entirety.

I trimmed it down a slight bit for GenCon but kept it at a healthy pace and it ran fine in the four hour slots. I think it might be more suited to a five hour slot, though, and that would negate the necessity of any cuts. Either way, it should work out quite well. Pretty standard character creation would be fine (I used the iconic characters at fifth level for most of the playtesting, as seen in the Enemies and Allies book.)

Crothian

First Post
Also, if people want to DM a game but aren't sure what I've been looking into getting some copies of adventures written by people of the En World community. So, you could run something like that.

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
As posted above:

Well with the lead time I'm willing to work out the work schedule and try to be there most if not all day.

I'm also up for running some short/one shot Star Wars Revised or Mecha/Anime based D20 Modern games.

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Mr Fidgit said:
i'd give a mecha game a shot

will there be huge monsters trying to destroy Tokyo? :D

Actually I had a few ideas.. that being one of them. Since I already have the stats for Godzilla in the MM:)

Remove ads