• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK.... I can take a hint.....UPDATE!

Jesus_marley

First Post
A new sector supervisor job has opened up at work but it is for a position downtown. I don;t have much desire to work downtown so I figured I would pass on this particular posting. Lo and behold, one of my coworkers calls me out of the blue last night (we work opposite schedules so don't talk much) and asks me if I'm applying to the job and I explain that I probably won't. That's the end of it.... or so I think.

Tonight I get a call from the operations director. HE asks me why I haven't applied. I explain that I am not really interested in working out of the downtown area and am happy in the suburbs. He then explains that the plan was to move a suburb supervisor into the downtown position thus opening the suburbs. He then goes on to say that they were actually waiting for me to apply for the job and that I am the strongest candidate for the position.

so... I have basically just been told that the position is mine if I want it. All I need to do is apply. I applied 5 minutes later.

Last edited:

Mycanid

First Post
The man is in demand! :)

That's where efficiency and conscientiousness will lead you. Yes, it is a pain in the neck sometimes. :\

Jesus_marley

First Post
the job will pay me at least another 1.50 an hour over what I make now. and if I do have to work out of the downtown instead of the 'burbs, it really isn't so bad. I live 10 minutes from the skytrain that will take directly into work and that is only a 25 minute commute. So moving isn't really an issue. I would prefer to remain in the burbs though as the burb office is only a 15 minute walk from my place.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Jesus_marley said:
the job will pay me at least another 1.50 an hour over what I make now. and if I do have to work out of the downtown instead of the 'burbs, it really isn't so bad. I live 10 minutes from the skytrain that will take directly into work and that is only a 25 minute commute. So moving isn't really an issue. I would prefer to remain in the burbs though as the burb office is only a 15 minute walk from my place.

Skytrain? Wow! You Canadians have a much better system than the track-bound train system we have in the States. ;)

Congrats! :)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Mark CMG said:
Skytrain? Wow! You Canadians have a much better system than the track-bound train system we have in the States. ;)

82112.jpg

Remove ads