• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old 4th Edition Dungeon Master's Screen

Ninja-to

First Post
Hi I only recently realized the Perception area of the 'Frequently Used Skills' table may be wrong. The DC's to listen to Whispers through a door add up to 20, whereas in the DMG and PHB they are at 25. Am I missing something or is this errata? I've looked through the errata pages and found nothing about this.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I'd prefer to not go into my views of scaling DCs for things like hearing whispers for fear of getting banned for violating the Grandma rule.

Amazing how Epic creatures whisper so much more quietly.

samursus

Explorer
I'd prefer to not go into my views of scaling DCs for things like hearing whispers for fear of getting banned for violating the Grandma rule.

Amazing how Epic creatures whisper so much more quietly.

Don't look at it like whispers getting quieter. Think of it as the PC just has never gotten better at hearing whispers.

Hmm.. actually, technically a 1st level PC would have (roughly) the same chance of hearing the Epic whisper as a 30th level, assuming the DC by level chart is used, as the "level" is based on the PC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads