• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old revisions thread (ignore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remathilis

Legend
purple knight said:
I note that some feats from the splat books made it, and others did not. Does that mean that feats from splat books not listed in the 3.5 players handbook no longer useable? I am specificly refering to the divine feats, but obviously there are others.

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Anything that has come before *SHOULD* be completely compatible with the revision. HOWEVER, things may be balanced out of whack or need revision to keep it in line with the 3.5 update. They decided not to include new feat types (divine, wild, regional, ancestor, vile, etc.) to keep things simple for the core rules. (general, item creation, metamagic, special).

Note. The last Dragon (308) references the succubus having "Greater Teleport" in the Creature Combo article. That's the second reference to Greater Teleport so far.

Ysgarran

The real question is if they change it by the time the 3.5 books get released. At this point in time I doubt this will change.

Here is a stat. block from one of the Rangers, another change is that Knowledge(Geography) seems to be a class skill now.

Male Human Ranger 3 CR 3; Size: M Type HUMANOID; HD (3d8)+3; hp 21; Init +2 (+2 Dex, +0 Misc); Spd Walk 30'; AC 15 (flatfooted 13, touch 12);
SA: favored enemy +2 (Elves) +1, Ranger Style: Two-weapon fighting;
Vision: Normal
AL: NG;
Sv: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +2;
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills and Feats: Hide +8, Knowledge(Geography) +7, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Ride +8, Search +7, Spot +11, Survival +7; Blind-Fight, Endurance, Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Survival) , Track
Possessions: 1 Arrows (20), 1 Eyes of the Eagle, 1 Longbow (+2 Mighty/Composite/Masterwork), 1 Longsword (Masterwork), 1 Studded Leather (Masterwork), 1 Sword (Short/Masterwork),

theoremtank said:

This is certainly very appealling if true.

Here's an item I noticed from Dungeon 100:

Magic bows and arrows don't stack (unless this is an error).

Check out the FTR/Sor/Arc Archer in "The Lich Queen's Beloved"

Attack +23 with +1 comp (+3 Str) longbow & +4 arrow:

+15 BAB
+3 Dex
+1 Weapon Focus
+1 bow
+4 arrow (I get +24, but if only the highest magic bonus applies, +23 is right)

But damage 1d8+7:
+3 (Mighty Comp longbow)
+4 arrow (overlaps +1 bow)

Good change, that -- only the arrow's magic applies for damage (or the higher of the two, don't know which).

Edit: Looking at another archer's stats, I'd guess only the higher bonus of the two applies for attacks and damage (magic bonuses overlap, not stack).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads