• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

old TSR module price guide

ChefOrc

First Post
Does anyone know of a good online price guide for out-of-print TSR modules?

In particular, I would like to know how much H4 - The Throne of Bloodstone is worth.

Thanks.

diaglo

Adventurer
ChefOrc said:
In particular, I would like to know how much H4 - The Throne of Bloodstone is worth.

way more than it should be.

at a complete steal online or at auction you are gonna pay $10. and that is only b/c the seller has no clue that it will get more.

more likely it will go for $25 to $40.

but i've seen people pay upwards of $75.

i don't know why. it ain't that good. and mostly the best use for it is with the Battlesystem rules.

Arnwyn

First Post
Actually, H4 has very little Battlesystem stuff in it... I know, because I just converted it to 3e a couple of weeks ago.

I can't believe anyone would pay $25+ for H4. I picked it up for $4.99 used (good condition) from my LGS a year or so ago.

Contrarian

First Post
The Bloodstone modules are a special situation right now. There's a lunatic game dealer in the U.K. who insists the out-of-print RPG market is "undervalued", and he's trying to prove it by "cornering the market" on H1 (and possibly the rest of the H series, but H1 is his special fixation). He's spent most of the past year bidding those things up higher than they're worth, than turning around and trying to resell them at even crazier prices. The few sales he makes are mostly to ebay newbies who don't know they're being ripped off.

This guy is widely despised over at the Acaeum. If you want to see how much, search their forums for the word "cougar".

diaglo

Adventurer
Contrarian said:
The Bloodstone modules are a special situation right now. There's a lunatic game dealer in the U.K. who insists the out-of-print RPG market is "undervalued", and he's trying to prove it by "cornering the market" on H1 (and possibly the rest of the H series, but H1 is his special fixation). He's spent most of the past year bidding those things up higher than they're worth, than turning around and trying to resell them at even crazier prices. The few sales he makes are mostly to ebay newbies who don't know they're being ripped off.

This guy is widely despised over at the Acaeum. If you want to see how much, search their forums for the word "cougar".

cougarrinard has been around since late 1999/ early 2000 basically doing this.

and you are 100% correct.

Last edited:

Remove ads