[OMENRPG] Struggle for Dominance: Ben's PBP Game OOC

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
OMEN: Struggle for Dominance​

System: OMEN RPG playtest
Players: Full
GM: Ben, Lead Designer

Synopsis: An aging leader, having lost the favor of the people he has so diligently controlled, looks to freelance mercenaries to put down a burgeoning rebellion.

Background: On Station Taugon 183, in a sector of space long abandoned by civilization, thousands of hullborn struggle to survive. The station was once a point of contention between the great alliances once embroiled in the Void Wars; commonly conquered, damaged, and repaired, but now serves as home for nearly five thousand individuals.

The station's leader is an awowlee engineer and businessman, capable of inspiring both fear and hope, who employs a cadre of highly loyal men willing to mete out his version of the law. Over the years this leader, Molo Lowapa, has grown in power and influence over the denizens of Taugon 183, but now struggle looms ahead. Those who live farthest from his center of control, a water processing station, have difficulty surviving and feel little loyalty to him.

In response, a burshdett military hero named Dekt has become the focal point of a brewing revolution. He promises a positive future for those who have lived downtrodden and broken by the despot in control of the station. Gaining sway, Dekt has recruited many young and eager willing to strike against an authority which seems to be failing them.

In response, Lowapa has requested the involvement of the PCs, based upon recommendation of one of his assistants who deals with such matters.

Station Details

Population: 5000 (up to 8000 with refugees/travelers from ships)
-Species: Awowlee 15%, Human 15%, Grae'ahtannen 10%, Chuklakquiss 10%, mix for the rest

Length: 1.2 km
Width: 800 m
Height: 600 m
Shape: Roughly a cube

PCs: You must have a valid reason to be on the station and to be potentially hired by the boss. I would prefer it if you already knew each other, but that doesn't necessarily matter.

Game Style: Be as creative as possible, and I will tell you if something fits in the universe or not. The OMEN system encourages GMs to say "yes" to most questions of the players, so think logically and don't be shy to ask. As rules issues or questions come up, I will explain them in a sidebar in the IC thread.

Last edited:

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Absolutely. As the designer I will be in a position to see more clearly what elements don't translate well over play by post. Thanks for your interest @WalkingDad. If you have any colleagues or friends who might be interested feel free to encourage them to join up.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Awesome [MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION]. Thanks for giving it a shot. I'll be posting up the information pretty shortly if we get at least one more.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Welcome [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION] and [MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]. Alright, I think that will do for now. So you folks can decide if you would rather build a character and background, or you can give a pre made character a shot. Of course, individual choices may vary. For what it is worth, character creation is pretty simple.

Velmont

First Post
I would rather have to make some choice to make my character interesting to me. By the past, whatever the system I have played, a large part of the fun come from an interesting background and the stats that reflect well that background.

Remove ads