On a Spider's Advice...

Kelleris

Explorer
Okay, since nobody else is doing anything, Skaith has time to complete his experiment:

Placing his hand on the pocked metal of the landmark obelisk, Skaith channels a fair amount of his personal energy into the carefully-drawn maze of lines, just to see what happens.

The effects are dramatic. The light at the top fluctuates wildly and several of the arcane marks at the base of the tower wink out as their energy is drawn deep into the spire, along with Skaith's. The ground under you starts to rumble threateningly, and Skaith is thrown roughly to the ground when the earth under him suddenly buckles and falls away, revealing a black tunnel underground. As Skaith's hand leaves the iron surface of the landmark, the rumbling ceases and the flow of energy is broken.

Ashy

First Post
Skaith looks up to his companions with a sheepish grin. "Er...I...uh...think I've discovered something here." He picks himself up and dusts himself off; peering down the newly opened tunnel.

Kelleris

Explorer
Skaith: You peer into the hole, but the angle is poor and the area tight, so you can't see much without more light or some serious wriggling. You do, unless your eyes deceive you, think there's a slight (saffron? mustard yellow?) glow somewhere in the darkness.

Kelleris

Explorer
(OOC: That's what I'm wondering...)

The old woman sitting in the deserted street has been craning her neck around after the brief tremor, and finally lays eyes on Skaith crouched at the entrance to the impromptu tunnel. She cackles wildly for a few moments, and then quiets down except for a few choking giggles. Because what run-down part of the city would be complete without a crazy old lady? :)

Ferrix

Explorer
After the mild tremor, Keys' eyes drop on Skaith with a contemptful look, "you couldn't keep your hands to yourself. Least you didn't draw a great deal of attention to us." She moves over quietly and examines the entrance to the tunnel.

OOC: Low-light vision, darkvision 60', Perception 25, Search 29.

Ashy

First Post
Skaith looks from the old woman to the gnome, "It's not like I meant to rip a hole in the street", he snaps in return...

Ashy

First Post
Skaith hisses a silent curse, but otherwise does not reply, he instead looks back to the old woman, waiting on an answer.

Remove ads