On a Spider's Advice...

Kelleris

Explorer
Skaith walks over to the old woman, and starts to ask his question. But, before he can finish, the crone jabs a finger at Tyndra. "Seems like yer fren's got er tongs tied." The old lady peers suspiciously at Skaith and Tyndra, as though suspecting them of some foul play beyond the obvious minor earthquakes.

"I kent tellya. Heerd diggins nights 'round ere, though. Prob'ly dat..."

She breaks off as Keys and Skaith start yelling at each other from across the street, and begins to chortle at the exchange.

Tyndra and Skaith: [sblock] She seems amused, but not particularly malevolent. Definitely a bit batty, though, and you're starting to wish she had more teeth so you could understand what she's saying better. [/sblock]

Keys: You peer into the hole. It's not very large - you can get in easily, Tyndra with a little twisting, and Skaith with some digging or some grease. You also notive, with your sharper eyes, the dull red glow. It doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere in particular, though, and you aren't familiar with any phenomena that could cause the glow, magical or otherwise.

[sblock] Looking deeper into the hole, you make out a circular earthen tunnel, supported by beams made of a chitinous golden material. It's large enough for a man-sized creature, or a larger one that's used to creeping along such tunnels. The tunnel takes a turn about 10 feet in, though, and you can't see how far it goes underneath you without getting further into the hole. [/sblock]

Ashy

First Post
"Digging, you say, eh? Hmmm..." Skaith cups his pointy chin in his hand, "How long have you been hearing these things?"

Ashy

First Post
"I see, I see..." Skaith mumbles. He presses a silver into her palm and smiles a pointed-tooth smile, "Thanks be to ya..." He then moves over and joins Keys.

Kelleris

Explorer
The old woman cracks a slight grin and closes her fist around the silver piece, without actually pocketing it. She looks on with interest as Keys investigates the hole in the ground.

(Oh, and bump.)

Ferrix

Explorer
Keys glances back toward Skaith and then slips down into the hole nimbly, moving quietly and stealthily as she disappears.

OOC: Hide 39, Move Silently 35, Perception 25, Search 29, Climb 35

Kelleris

Explorer
Keys - Which direction are you headed in? Around the bend or toward Skaith and Tyndra?

Keys moves quietly into the crawlspace, keeping to the shadows and hoping that nothing with eyes keen in darkness comes along. Her eyes are sharp, but there's barely enough light in the tunnel to see by, even for one with low-light vision. The thought that another stealthy intruder could easily sneak up on you here strikes you.

OOC - I need to take some time off DMing this thread. It's finals week, y'know. Sorry, but I'll try to post sometimes still. And over the summer I'll be hanging out with Uwohali more, and thereby ensuring her increased cooperation.... :]

Of course, this thread's so slow I'll still be able to keep up, I think. :\

Ashy

First Post
OOC: Sounds good.

Skaith stands at the top of the hole, peering down. He squints his pale colored eyes, trying to see what lies beneath the street as well as trying to keep an eye on Keys. 'I wish she would tell me what is going on down there...', Skaith thinks to himself.

Remove ads