Pathfinder 1E on hold - One by land, two by sea-Pathfinder RPG-OOC

Leif

Adventurer
We are a "kick-butt-and-take-names" kind of party, that's for sure. Hope we don't need any healing (past what our bard and ranger can do). And I hope SD lets Shayuri join us with a dedicated spellcaster of some sort to go with Herobizkit's magus.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'll see if I can talk Mikey into playing a Wizard . . .

And Bahri's not actually even a good melee build. Just took those two fighter levels for the two extra feats, and a couple more HP/Fort Save points.

He's a Bard all the way from here on out, and primarily a controller/buffer/debuffer. Of course, I've never built one of those, never played one, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to make the right choices as I level and pull off the IC stuff. And the party know it all, of course.

(And I didn't look at the details of the other characters - I knew Scott had taken a questionable weapon, but didn't realize it was the exact same one I'd picked out. Who besides a Bard actually uses a whip these days? :D)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
(And I didn't look at the details of the other characters - I knew Scott had taken a questionable weapon, but didn't realize it was the exact same one I'd picked out. Who besides a Bard actually uses a whip these days? :D)

Hey, whips are cool. Did you take the Prehensile Whip trait as well? Here's a little inspirational video for the whip users in the group.

[video=youtube;v06hpUyAN9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06hpUyAN9Y[/video]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I thought about the Prehensile Whip trait, but passed on it. Yep, whips are cool - just not damage dealers, and generally folks don't consider 'em worth the exotic weapon feat.

Scotley

Hero
I thought about the Prehensile Whip trait, but passed on it. Yep, whips are cool - just not damage dealers, and generally folks don't consider 'em worth the exotic weapon feat.

No, I don't expect to use it for damage much. Maybe when Gorgol can get in a sneak attack at the start of combat 1d4+4+1d6 isn't too bad. Using improved trip and later improved disarm and other such combat maneuvers makes more sense as it avoids the attack of opportunity for using the whip at melee range. I didn't have to use a feat to get the weapon as a city raised Half-orc, but it is still a very feat intensive build. I really need two more Rogue levels and one more Fighter level for three more feats to really do it right. But hopefully, I can do enough with what I have to make it effective for now.

Leif

Adventurer
Darthan is almost ready, too. Just have to buy the rest of his equipment, choose skills [or skill, considering his intelligence] and a few other odds and ends. We're using the deities from Pfr too, I presume?

Remove ads