Once, Twice, Three times a Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
On another note, I'd like to confess that when all the voting shenanigans were going on for the womens deathmatch, I had one of the guys create an account to vote for me. It was just the one vote and he didnt vote when the new polls were made.

:D. That's fair game.

And in all fairness, you should've won the deathmatch ;)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Folks,

I understand your concern. He turns out to have had an awful lot of alts (although many of these had 0 posts.).

They'll all be handled, of course, including banning known ip addresses. I'm not sure if we're going to list them for you. Either way, I probably won't get back to you before next Tuesday about this.

In the mean time, the mods (including Darkness) know what to look for and are on the lookout for any new ones or any old ones we have missed. Email him or me if you have a specific concern.
Thanks for keeping us up to date at least. I do appreciate the difficulties for you (and all the other mods). I suppose I should even stop calling Darkness "narcness". Well, maybe I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself. :)
What exactly constitutes "Old Guard"? Should we make a list?
I guess this is where we run into a big problem. It's not very newbie friendly if we start keeping a list of who's Old Guard (and really, most of us aren't when considered against the original Hive).

Aeson in the past has brought up the idea of a different site, we could have more controls over who posted in such a place. But then would we stop talking about our lives here?

I guess these problems have always existed, and Rev just brought them into harsh light. But it's a sad situation either way.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Goldmoon, I hate that you feel that you needed to turn off emails and PMs. I guess it's to be expected. You can choose to accept from those you want to receive them from.

The_Warlock

Explorer
EnWorld is an easy place for me to reach and look at things which interest me, and has an excellent (overall) population.

The Hive, as introduced to me in Goldmoon's original Xbox name thread, is a place to easily chat with amusing and entertaining people I've met here, and occasionally meet other posters who wander in.

I don't really have the time to maintain multiple accounts, on multiple fora, to segregate my communications further than they already are.

And I'm certainly not going to bring more suspicion on anyone who chooses to post here that I've never seen post before.

The tighter you make your world for your emotional safety, the smaller your view of the world becomes, and the less you grow and experience.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I guess this is where we run into a big problem. It's not very newbie friendly if we start keeping a list of who's Old Guard (and really, most of us aren't when considered against the original Hive).

Aeson in the past has brought up the idea of a different site, we could have more controls over who posted in such a place. But then would we stop talking about our lives here?

I guess these problems have always existed, and Rev just brought them into harsh light. But it's a sad situation either way.

i don't want to control who posts and who doesn't. That wasn't my intention of suggesting our own place. I don't want it to be the end result either.

Goldmoon

First Post
Goldmoon, I hate that you feel that you needed to turn off emails and PMs. I guess it's to be expected. You can choose to accept from those you want to receive them from.

Aeson, I did not disable PM's. Rev/Hare had my old email address so I changed it on this site. Maybe it disabled them automatically.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I always experience slowness out here.I realize that we have giggity from time to time but I was responsible for 90% of it I'm sure. I just want to make sure everyone feels welcome here.
As you pointed out earlier. You're not actually around all the time, so you don't see as much of what goes on when you're not here.

You were missing for what, 10 months? There was giggity. I joined as a result of the frog-gigging thread. You weren't ever there. There was giggity. 90% is a high estimate.

It's not a good or a bad thing. It's just a thing. You shouldn't feel the need to be someone else any more than someone else should feel unwelcome.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aeson, I did not disable PM's. Rev/Hare had my old email address so I changed it on this site. Maybe it disabled them automatically.

No, the thing is, you are no longer a community supporter member, so the PM function stopped working, except with moderators/admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads