• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Once Upon a Rheim (Erekose13 Judging)

Fenris

Adventurer
El Jefe said:
From out of sight down the alley, Oirhandir heard what sounded like Kali's voice, asking some sort of question. "Now would be a good time for that spell that sends a message", he thought, "Too bad I don't have time to use it right now." Not understanding the lass completely, he called back to her: "Kali, be careful! The boy and girl have big, ugly, friends!"

"Yeah" Kali calls back. "There's two down here beating up on Nonis' ....... thing. Can I shoot them?" She says innocently as she draws the nocked arrow to her cheek and aims at the rear thug.

El Jefe

First Post
Fenris said:
"Can I shoot them?"
Oirhandir was puzzled. What was this? Was the girl asking him for permission to shoot more thugs? What should he say? He knew not what situation she faced, whether her enemies were merely threatening her or if they were blatantly attacking her. He didn't seek out mindless violence, yet he did not want the girl to come to harm for want of 'permission' to defend herself. The elf made the only response that made sense to him, given the situation.

"Defend thyself as thou must, no more, no less!"

He wished for less of a distraction; his mind was full of dealing with the two clubmen who were after him. Would they stop to fight Lupic, or press on? Oirhandir decided that he would stop behind Lupic, just out of range of their weapons, if both of them stopped to fight the half-orc.

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 4]

Nodis' flying construct holds the girl, but does not squeeze, yet. Nodis walks forward until he can clearly see the situation. His construct has the girl held tightly and two scraggly men are beating it with clubs. Kali stands above on the balcony overlooking the situation.

Kali pauses seeking advice.

Oirlandir trying to avoid getting caught in a bad place withdraws from combat to a position behind Lupic. It is awkward to convince Hiriloce to move in such tight maneuvers, but the two manage to extricate themselves from the situations while offering Kali advice.

Kali chooses to shoot her bow at one of the toughs but her arrow finds only cobblestone as it is off it's mark.

Lupic drops the reigns of the horses, he charges the closest tough seeking to grapple him. He tackles the first one easily wresting the more inexperienced warrior to the ground.

The first youth continues to flee into the crowd, now lost to the sight of Oirlandir who retreated.

The girl tries to struggle free. "Get this thing off me!" she shouts. She struggles to free herself and the construct tightens it's grip. She cries out in pain.

The tough wrestling Lupic tries to escape but is completely useless in such close combat. The other tries to hit the half-orc, but misses.

The two other toughs in the alley try to free the girl again. One manages to hit, inflicting another slight wound. "Hey let her go, you're crushing her!"

[sblock=OOC]Damage Recap:
Oirlander: 6
Nodis' Construct: 10
Girl: 5 non-lethal
[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir, Elven Bard 3, 9/15 hp

Erekose13 said:
The tough wrestling Lupic tries to escape but is completely useless in such close combat. The other tries to hit the half-orc, but misses.
Oirhandir had planned on healing his aching arm before dealing with the two thugs, but seeing Lupic up to his ears in thieves called for a change in plans. While gently maneuvering Hiriloce to just the right spot, the elf swiftly drew his darkwood bow, nocked an arrow, and let it fly at the tough who was trying to bash Lupic's skull while Lupic grappled the thug's partner. It seemed the elf was not used to firing from horseback, for his shot was well off the mark.[sblock=Rolls, etc. ]Whee-ha, here we go! Oirhandir will maneuver to just inside 30' range if he's not that close already, and let fly. +2 BAB, +2 Dex, +1 masterwork bow, +1 for Point Blank Shot, -4 for firing into melee, I think that's +2 overall. Alas, it's one of the worst shots he's made in ages (adjusted to-hit was a 4).[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Erekose13 said:
The girl tries to struggle free. "Get this thing off me!" she shouts. She struggles to free herself and the construct tightens it's grip. She cries out in pain.

The two other toughs in the alley try to free the girl again. One manages to hit, inflicting another slight wound. "Hey let her go, you're crushing her!"

"She stole my money" tries to explain Nodis, slightly frustrated. "She gives it back, it lets her go. I think it´s quite easy to understand"

The young psion tries to calm and get back the mental energy he spent.

ooc: [sblock]Same plan as the last round, grapple to deal non-lethal damage if she tries to break the hold. Also, tries to get focus, but fails.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
'Mere common criminals' thinks Kali. 'Fine lets us do this quickly so all may go their own ways.'

Kali slides down the pipe next to the girl and begins a rapid search of her pockets.

OOC: [sblock] I don't know if the girl being grappelled gives me a bonus on searching her or if she still had the bag in hand or not. But I have a +5 Search wit +6 Sleight of Hand and since I too am a female I have no problem searching her :] Kali will stay mindful fo the thugs though and keep her defenses up[/sblock]

"Come on girlie, gives us what you stole from us and you can go free, we won't even call the guard, just hand it over!"

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 5]

Nodis tries to regain focus but fails while speaking to the toughs.

Oirlandir tries to shoot one of the toughs, but misses.

Kali slides down the pole and begins searching the girl for Nodis' money. She finds it and easily wrests it from her grasp.

Lupic grapples with his foe, bruising ribs and smashing his face.

The first youth has now escaped into the crowd.

The girl struggles to get out, "Hey give that back!". Nodis' construct squeezes again and again she screams in pain before falling unconscious in the construct's arms.

The tough wrestling Lupic tries to get loose, but is useless. The one attacking into the grapple manages to hit Lupic with his club.

The two other toughs in the alley say, "Oh now you've done it.". One attacks Nodis' construct, the other Kali. Attacking the construct prooves fruitless, but the club slams into Kali's arm. She holds onto the bag, but it hurts.

[sblock=OOC]Damage Recap:
Oirlander: 6
Nodis' Construct: 10
Kali: 4
Lupic: 5
Girl: 10 non-lethal unconscious; Tough 1: 6
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis, male human shaper 3, AC 16, HP 21/21, PP 12/17

Oh, this is stupid says Nodis, feeling somewhat sorry for the girl. He concentrates on the space around the thughs and send his energy there. A VERY LOUD* and commanding voice explodes there, repeating the following message again and again:

"ALRIGHT, YOU PRIMITIVE SCREWHEADS, LISTEN UP! THE FIGHT IS OVER, SO NOW PICK THE GIRL AND GET LOST!"

The construct lets the girld fall to the ground and signals Kali to join Nodis. Then readies itself to strike if any of the thugs try to follow her, but whatever happens it dissapears after carrying this last action.

ooc: *equivalent to twelve humans shouting at once

El Jefe

First Post
Oirhandir, Elven Bard 3, 9/15 hp

Erekose13 said:
Oirlandir tries to shoot one of the toughs, but misses.
"That's not the way I wanted to break in a new bow!", thought Oirhandir with displeasure. He quickly nocked another arrow and let fly at the thug who had clubbed Lupic, but missed when he was startled by a loud noise coming from the alley. He blinked, was he under some sort of sorcery? The elf couldn't remember a time when his skills with a bow had been so wanting.[sblock=Rolls, etc. ]To hit roll was a 5. Granted, he's firing into melee, but the embarassing thing is that he'd be missing even with Precise Shot![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads