• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

One Edition Monsters

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Did the masher (a giant fish from 1st edition AD&D Monster Manual) ever get published again? I guess it didn't help that it never had a picture.

Cheers,
Cam

Hussar

Legend
From the Basic set- the Thule.

Dragon and Dungeon did quite a few rebuilds of older monsters towards the end there. Rhagodessa for example.

I'd say that just about most monsters that appeared in the 3rd Monstrous Compendium of any campaign setting in 2e, generally didn't appear beyond 2e.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The living steel was a 2E monster from Dragon Mountain and was later reprinted in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One for the same edition.

It's never been seen before or since (notwithstanding EN World's own Creature Catalogue).

Yeah, here's the CC version. We'll get around to the rest of them eventually, just give us a couple of years.

By the way, it might be easier to make this list with Echohawk's Complete D&D Monster Index. Edit: I can't believe Echohawk didn't plug this already! ;)

Remove ads