• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[One PC Needed!]3.5 ed. CORE + approval game[One PC Needed!]

Dichotomy

Explorer
hero4hire said:
Chain Shirt 25 lbs,
Explorer's Outfit 8 lbs,
Handy Haversack 5 lbs,

38 lbs, plus anything you take out of your Haversack.

Medium Load for a 10 strength
I think you are incorrect.
Page 131 of the Player's Handbook said:
A beginning character is assumed to have an [...] explorer's [...] outfit. This first outfit is free and does not count against the amount of weight a character can carry.

Dichotomy

Explorer
hero4hire said:
I had thought something like that but couldn't find it in the srd here at work.

I stand corrected 30lbs.+whatever comes out of the Haversack :)
And now you know why Konstantine doesn't carry a weapon! :p

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I have added the point buy and level increase info to my character sheet (post #52).

I really dig the idea that most of us served together in the military before ending up as an adventuring group! That has great flavor, especially with so many fighting types in the mix.

Not to be a party pooper, but I think it would be wise to limit party size to 6 or less. I know that we can't all be in that way, but those that do get in will have a better experience. If the party is too big, it gets to be too much work for the DM, and if the DM isn't having any fun, the game will die a slow death.

hero4hire

Explorer
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
I really dig the idea that most of us served together in the military before ending up as an adventuring group! That has great flavor, especially with so many fighting types in the mix.

I like the idea as well. Though we should be very familiar with eachother's tactical style before we go into combat.

Once the final roster is decided I think we should discuss what we would see our character doing in a combat situation.

i.e. Should the melee types hold off until the mage casts a fireball...etc..

Ivellious

First Post
hero4hire said:
I like the idea as well. Though we should be very familiar with eachother's tactical style before we go into combat.

Once the final roster is decided I think we should discuss what we would see our character doing in a combat situation.

i.e. Should the melee types hold off until the mage casts a fireball...etc..

sounds like a good idea

Lazlow

First Post
Vigwyn the Unruly said:

Not to be a party pooper, but I think it would be wise to limit party size to 6 or less. I know that we can't all be in that way, but those that do get in will have a better experience. If the party is too big, it gets to be too much work for the DM, and if the DM isn't having any fun, the game will die a slow death.

I agree with this, actually. Even waiting for 6 other people to post before doing something gets old really fast.

Well, the deadline's tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

(Here's to hoping the DM really wants a Rogue in the party! ;))

Ivellious

First Post
Lazlow said:
I agree with this, actually. Even waiting for 6 other people to post before doing something gets old really fast.

Well, the deadline's tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

(Here's to hoping the DM really wants a Rogue in the party! ;))

(And a halfling ranger to go with a Half-Orc rouge) :p

Voidrazor

First Post
Valadhiel

Code:
Chaotic Neutral Female Human Druid 5 / Planar Shepard 3

Strength      8 (-1) 0pts
Dexterity     8 (-1) 0pts
Constitution 14 (+2) 6pts
Intelligence 10 (+0) 2pts
Wisdom       18 (+4) 10pts +2 levels
Charisma     14 (+2) 6pts

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 3"
Weight: 95 lb
Skin: Pale
Hair: Dark Brown; Straight
Eyes: Amber

Total Hit Points: 55
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 15 = 10 -1 [dexterity] +5 [armor] +1 [enhancement]
Touch AC: 9 Flat-footed: 15
Initiative modifier: -1 = -1 [dexterity] 
Fortitude save: +9 = 7 [base] +2 [constitution] 
Reflex save: +1 = 2 [base] -1 [dexterity] 
Will save: +11 = 7 [base] +4 [wisdom]  

Attack (handheld): +4 = 5 [base] -1 [strength] 
Attack (unarmed): +4 = 5 [base] -1 [strength] 
Attack (missile): +4 = 5 [base] -1 [dexterity] 
Grapple check:+4 = 5 [base] -1 [strength] 

Light load: 26 lb. or less
Medium load: 27-53 lb.
Heavy load: 54-80 lb.
Lift over head: 80 lb.
Lift off ground: 160 lb. 
Push or drag: 400 lb.

Languages:
Common Druidic 

Feats:
Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Augment Summoning
[url=http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Greensinger_Initiate,all]Greensinger Initiate[/url]
Natural Spell

Skills:
Bluff 13 = +2 [Cha] +11
Concentration 13 = +2 [Con] +11
Diplomacy 4 = +2 [Cha] +2 [bluff] 
Hide 10 = -1 [Dex] +9 -3 [armor] +5 [competance]
Intimidate 4 = +2 [Cha]+2 [bluff] 
Knowledge (nature) 13 = +0 +11 +2 [druid] 
Knowledge (planes) 11 = +0 +11
Survival 6 = +4 [Wis] +2 [druid] 

Equipment:
Glamered Wild Shadow dragonscale breastplate +1 23,150gp
5 Wands of Cure Light Wounds 3,750gp
Explorer's outfit
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Mirror
Rations (5 days)
Sewing needle
Soap
Holly and mistletoe
Spell component pouch
80gp
[sblock=Fiendish Lammasu form]Str 23, Dex 12, Con 17
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 60 ft.(average)
Armor Class: 26 = 10 +1 [dexterity] +5 [armor] +1 [enhancement] -1 [size] +10 [natural]
Touch AC: 10 Flat-footed: 25
Initiative modifier: +1 = +1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +10 = 7 [base] +3 [constitution]
Reflex save: +2 = 2 [base] +1 [dexterity]
Will save: +11 = 7 [base] +4 [wisdom]
SA: Pounce, Rake
Attack (handheld): +11 = 5 [base] +6 [strength] Damage claw d6+6
Full Attack 2 claws +11 d6+6 + (2 rake attacks +6 Damage d6+3)
Concentration +14 Hide +12[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]Abducted by unseelie fey as an infant, the child that would later be known as Valadhiel remained nameless throughout much of her youth. And while it was less than pleasant to be referred to as ‘you there’ or more often ‘clumsy wretch’, it was a blessing in disguise. For if her true name had been known amongst the unseelie court, the cruelties she experienced amongst the capricious fey would have been greatly magnified. In time she learned the ways of the ‘good folk’ and even won the name Valadhiel, meaning angelic, in a bet with a pixie.

Eventually she was presented to the Greensingers, an order dedicated to promoting a greater interconnectedness between disparate planes of existence. Valadhiel was leary when both the Greensingers and the unseelie gave conflicting answers as to why she was chosen. But the loose druidic order was, if not precisely kind, considerably less capricious than her former companions. She progressed quickly under their tutelage. It seemed she had finally found her place in the world when it came time for her to enact the Rite of Binding. This rite would cement her place among the Greensingers as a full member rather than a probationary initiate. But as she performed the ritual a dark foreboding came over her. This was supposed to be a celebration, yet the faces of the senior members of the order were graver than she had ever seen them. At the culmination of the rite a gate opened to the plane to which she would be forever bound, a gate to the Abyss. And worse yet, Valadhiel was pulled into the nightmarish realm.

Valadhiel survived in the Abyss mostly by hiding and scavenging from fallen monstrosities. And while her life was full of terror undreamed of even among the unseelie, her diet of foul demonic meat served to strengthen the ties to the plane. Eventually, she began to be able to feel the weak spots in the walls between worlds. It was through one of these weak spots, an actual rift, she escaped the Abyss.

The world she emerged into seemed alien. It was more like the arbors of the fairy lands than the hellscape she had left behind, but nevertheless it had a very different feel. Wandering, she came upon the campfire around which rested humanoids of several races. She was about to withdraw when they hailed her and bid her to join them. They even offered a warm meal. Valadhiel was wary, but she could detect no glamor upon or poison within the food, and her stomach was growling. The openness and friendliness of the strangers was a completely new experience to the Abyss-walker druid. So when a group of ogres attacked them in the pre-dawn, she fought fiercely beside her new companions with no thought of escape. Since then she has been loyal to her friends despite utter distrust and little regard for anyone outside their group.[/sblock]

Remove ads